• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2 Blindfolded Example Solve Game

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is exactly like the 3x3 blindfolded example solve game, just on a 2x2.

Let's get started with the first scramble!
U' F2 R' U' R2 U R2 F' R2

Y = (R U’ R’ U’) (R U R’ F’) (R U R’ U’) R’ F R

z' y' (2 pieces already solved)
Memo:
WoBbuffet CUp XHelicopter Basket

Execution:
W: D' Y D
B: R2 Y R2
C: R2 D' Y D R2
U: D Y D'
X: D2 Y D2
H: D' R Y R' D
B: R2 Y R2

Next Scramble: R' U2 R2 F U' R U2 R' F2

WoowyBaby

WCA
2018ISOM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Interesting thread idea, although this is kinda just like normal 2x2 thread because you can 1-look solves, unless you wanted this thread to be only blind methods, then that would be cool.
Next Scramble: R' U2 R2 F U' R U2 R' F2
z’ rotation and see green face.
Track blue CLL, it’s opp-opp T case, and cancel sexy-sledge, for PBL there will be white bar right and yellow bar left, so I do double bars alg and AUF is U2.

z’ U R’ U’ R’ F R F’ U2 y’ R2 U’ B2 U2 R2 U’ R2 U2

Just using blind method:
D R2 F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F' R2 D' F' R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F R' U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F' R2 F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F' R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F' - 7 switches

Next: F' R U2 R' F2 R U2 R2 U'

Last edited:

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Next Scramble: F2 U2 F U R U R' F R2

Hm, was able to 1-look this one:

R2 F2 U F2 // 1st Layer - Pretty straightforward

U' F U' R U2 R' U' F2 R U R' // CLL - An alg I picked up a while ago, don't know many CLLs

// I didn't know what the AUF was gonna be, but I ended up getting lucky and not getting a +2

NEXT: F' U2 R2 U' R' U2 F R2 U2

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
NEXT: F' U2 R2 U' R' U2 F R2 U2

Tried to one-look. Here's my walkthrough:

Easy yellow face, I do an x' y' to setup the 1st face to L' U' L. Tracing the OLL real quick it's a U case with the oriented corners to the left. My normal alg is F R U R' U' F' for that OLL, but I can do F U R U' R' F' to prevent an AUF, which would complicate tracing. The CLL case is with two rows, one aligned on the oriented corners and the other row on the unoriented corners. I don't know that CLL, but I do know that the bar on the right(in this case red) does a U2(and gets oriented obviously), but stays together. Because the bar that will be on the U layer will be red and the bar on the bottom is orange, I can do a U' then the adj-adj alg, followed by a U2 AUF because red and orange are opposites. So the entire solution is:

x' y' L' U' L // Face

F U R U' R' F' // OLL

U' R2 U' B2 U2 R2 U' R2 // PBL

U2 // AUF

Success, yay :)

Didn't time it because I'm bad at tracing

NEXT: F2 R' U F' R U R' F R2 U'

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Next Scramble: F2 R2 U' F U' R' F2 U' F2

Ok, so there's an easy green face, and if I do an x' y2 then it's solved with L U2 L. I'll end up with a yellow bar on the left for the bottom layer. A quick trace tells me that the OLL will be a U into Pi. By tracing different stickers of the LL pieces, I can tell that after a U AUF I'll have a red bar on the right side of the Pi. This case is just solved with the normal alg, F (R U R' U')*2 F', which means I'm going to have a solved layer on top and an adjacent swap on the bottom. For me, I just cancel R2 into T-Perm with an R2 at the end to solve that case, with the bar on the bottom left. The bar's already on the bottom left, so no need for an ADF. I think the AUF is going to be U', but I'm not completely sure.

Another success, U' turned out to be the correct AUF :)

NEXT: R' U2 F U R2 U F' R' F2

Discomantis

WCA
2022ROGE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
 Twizzle link 
 Setup 
F' U2 R' U F2 R2 U R F
 Moves 
y z'
L' U' B' L // EG-1 face