• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2 BLD?

2x2 BLD WCA event?

• Total voters

Hazel

Premium Member
The top solvers would be the same as the top 2x2 solvers, and all of the records would be dominated by lucky scrambles, and I dare say that we don't need any more luck-based events. The best method for 2BLD will be exactly the same as the best method for 2x2. It wouldn't be adding anything novel to the lineup. If anything, 2x2 multiblind should be added, as it takes away all of the issues above. I would love to see people attempting 120 cubes or more!

WCA
2016DRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The top solvers would be the same as the top 2x2 solvers, and all of the records would be dominated by lucky scrambles, and I dare say that we don't need any more luck-based events. The best method for 2BLD will be exactly the same as the best method for 2x2. It wouldn't be adding anything novel to the lineup. If anything, 2x2 multiblind should be added, as it takes away all of the issues above. I would love to see people attempting 120 cubes or more!
I agree about the multi bld

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results

If we have another BLD event added, I'd definitely go for 2MBLD over anything else. It'd be a fun transition between 2BLD and 3BLD in terms of memo length for beginners; I did 2MBLD for a while before I learned 3BLD to practice memoing larger amounts of info. It'd definitely be really cool to see insane attempts, and you couldn't just 1-look it

Mischiiii

Yeah i think as many pointed out that it’s to easy to one look a solve in general.

I guess 2BLD is a great stepping stone to get used to 3BLD. I will definitely learn 2BLD first after finishing full OLL in 2 weeks.

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
If we have another BLD event added, I'd definitely go for 2MBLD over anything else. It'd be a fun transition between 2BLD and 3BLD in terms of memo length for beginners; I did 2MBLD for a while before I learned 3BLD to practice memoing larger amounts of info. It'd definitely be really cool to see insane attempts, and you couldn't just 1-look it
people would be doing like 150 cube attempts and
1. no one has that many cubes
2. no cube cover/blacnket thingo casn hold that many cubes
3. you would have to generate and scramble 150 cubes and while one cube takes like 4 seconds, it would take ages

kubesolver

Premium Member
I would like to point out one major difference between 2BLD and 2x2x2 even on the top level.
in 2x2x2 the fastest hands win, in 2BLD the fastest thinker wins because the inspection time is included.

Having said that I don't think it would be a good event.

problems with 100 cubes for 2MBLD could be solved by reducing the allotted time to 30 or 20 minutes.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
If there was a 2BLD event in the WCA, no one would get world record because everybody has one anyway.
Bump @ProStar

The bump war is over. And I'd like to ask why everyone seems concerned when a new event is proposed that "no one new will get records". That seems like the main argument against something like kilominx, just that it's bad because Juan Pablo would get a record(I know that kilominx is different then mega, just an example). If you cube for records, you might as well quit now