• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

21 PLL run

doubleyou

I just started running all the permutations and I was thinking,
what "rules" are there as to shortcuts and cancellations?

I think you could cut down at least 10 turns (=one alg time, 2 sec)

Is this why you pick the chosen list? or is this just as you organize them as this in your mind? or what?`

please correct me, and or add tips!

thanks,

Sigurd

Johannes91

I just found a way to do all 21 PLL's in 10 moves (250+ moves cancel). I'm sure that 9 would be possible, and perhaps even lower, but I have some more important things to do now.

Johannes91

I didn't write it down, because it would look very confusing. But there were actually 400+ moves that cancelled now that I think about it. Firstly I removed G, U and A because they obviously cancel themselves. Other cases require more thinking, I'll give one example for now.

Use this "alg" for N-perm: U' R2 F' U' F R2 B' D B' D' B2 L2 B' U' B L2 F' D F' D' F2. After that do L-perm (F2 D F D' F L2 B' U B L2) and because of nice cancellations you're left with just U' R2 F' U' F R2 B' D B' D' B2, which includes one N and L even though it doesn't quite look like it. If you understand how this works, you should be able to easily apply the same idea for other cases. Now I've started thinking that 0 moves might be possible, but I'm not going to attempt proving it unless I have nothing else to do (not going to happen for a while).

doubleyou

I guess I just felt stupid after reading Johannes' post.. hehe

I still wanna get ~42 like Harris and Gungz

well I think I'll just stick to my program for the execution then and practice some more (got 1 min 15-25 sec) :D