• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 21.12 trying to get that sub 20

JohnnyDJ

WCA
2015JONE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Learn to solve with yellow cross, along with your white cross.

I do white and yellow cross on bottom. It is a lot easier to get white/yellow neutral than full-color neutral, because you are used to seeing yellow and white mainly in your solves. I like it because if you have a bad white cross, you can look to the yellow cross, and vice versa.

DustBuns

I was stuck at mid-20s for a while, but improved a lot after I learned color neutral solving (full CN). Really helps.

I've thought about it but it seems tough, any suggestions on how to get good with CN real fast?

IAmAPerson

WCA
2015LANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've thought about it but it seems tough, any suggestions on how to get good with CN real fast?
It is tough at first, and your times will suck until you improve, but what I did was just start solving like I was CN and accept my terrible times. Say you solve white cross. Eventually, after solving red, blue, orange, etc. enough, you'll just get to the point where you stop associating Blue-White with cross, Orange-Green with F2L, Yellow-Red with LL, etc.

TL;DR solve random colors until you get used to it.

DustBuns

It is tough at first, and your times will suck until you improve, but what I did was just start solving like I was CN and accept my terrible times. Say you solve white cross. Eventually, after solving red, blue, orange, etc. enough, you'll just get to the point where you stop associating Blue-White with cross, Orange-Green with F2L, Yellow-Red with LL, etc.

TL;DR solve random colors until you get used to it.

Thank you I'll try it out! sorry I overlooked this and thought I didn't reply before so I replied again whoops!

IAmAPerson

WCA
2015LANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you I'll try it out! sorry I overlooked this and thought I didn't reply before so I replied again whoops!
It is important to note that this won't happen overnight. It took me about a month to get decent. I'm two months in now, and I'm only just now considering myself fully CN. Patience and practice is the key.

DustBuns

It is important to note that this won't happen overnight. It took me about a month to get decent. I'm two months in now, and I'm only just now considering myself fully CN. Patience and practice is the key.

Thanks again, and yes I will try to be patient. I hope it will pay off!