• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2020 Revolutionary cube

D

Deleted member 55877

For 3x3, I would say the Valk Elite because it introduced center-edge magnets and the whole concept of putting magnets in unique places
Also there's the Qiyi clock which is the world's first good clock

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
even as a gan hater I have to accept that the core-corner magnets were an impressive innovation. I try to take an objective view of things, and you should too.
They're cool, but not revolutionary. Maybe if that style becomes popular, or it will just be one of those things that no one likes.

I'll try to be unique with what I think. I think that the MGC repulsion will be one we look back on, because its so unique. Maybe the Guhong v4 and RS3M 2020, because they are really good budget cubes. The Gan pyraminx and skewb would also be cool (even as a gan hater) because they are the first skewb and pyraminx with the adjustability. Of course the Qiyi clock and MGC big cubes are ones that will probably be looked back on too.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think both the MGC Repulsion and Gan 11 were very interesting releases with repelling magnets and corner core tech. As someone with both cubes, I actually think that having a cube magnetized like the Gan with repelling center edge magnets as well would make for a really fast and stable cube, which would be really cool.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
They're cool, but not revolutionary. Maybe if that style becomes popular, or it will just be one of those things that no one likes.

I'll try to be unique with what I think. I think that the MGC repulsion will be one we look back on, because its so unique. Maybe the Guhong v4 and RS3M 2020, because they are really good budget cubes. The Gan pyraminx and skewb would also be cool (even as a gan hater) because they are the first skewb and pyraminx with the adjustability. Of course the Qiyi clock and MGC big cubes are ones that will probably be looked back on too.

I've already forgotten about the MGC Repulsion.

I think the most influential cubes of the past few years were the little magic, valk, GTS2, WRM, RS3M 2020, and GAN X/XS/11M pro. I don't own any GAN cubes but I can't deny that GAN cubes are widely popular. Maybe I'll include the Tengyun v1 just because it proved Dayan could be competitive again.

I would say the RS3 M 2020, i can perform just as well on that as I can the gan 11 m pro, I was about to say the gan cube, and even though the core magnets allow it to be perfectly stable yet really fast, I think people with just see it as another gan release

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree that the RS3M 2020 is one of Moyu's most important releases. While we've been getting budget cubes that have excellent performance for years, the RS3M 2020 actually became the cube of choice for some top level solvers. According to Phil from the Cubicle, the cube sells like crazy and is a "freak of nature". I have the cube myself and it does not feel budget at all. It's really good.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Qiyi clock also think of the popular cubes in 2015.

Aolong v2 thunderclap were popular back then. But the variety of cubes back then was less than today. But it was more than it was in 2013.