• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2 bld in the wca

Status
Not open for further replies.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's one way 2BLD would differ from one-look 2x2, right there.
It hardly adds anything new those. The solution used is still what would be used if the was the best solution they found. 2BLD is just 2x2 speedsolves plus inspection. You just want to inspect as quickly as possible and that's the only difference.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
You just want to inspect as quickly as possible and that's the only difference.
Just to be clear, I'm not advocating for 2BLD to be added to WCA. I think it would be a pointless event that would introduce too many practical difficulties. Somehow I got drawn into a debate about 2x2 inspection because I suggested it's "probably" slower than conventional BLD memo of 6 corners, but I'm happy to concede on that point since it's academic anyway.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just to be clear, I'm not advocating for 2BLD to be added to WCA. I think it would be a pointless event that would introduce too many practical difficulties. Somehow I got drawn into a debate about 2x2 inspection because I suggested it's "probably" slower than conventional BLD memo of 6 corners, but I'm happy to concede on that point since it's academic anyway.
Seems reasonable, but some people might want to use that as justification but with 2BLD the judging is too complicated for it to be consistent. Magics were removed due to difficulties in judging. The judging issues is the first hurdle for 2BLD the second is the question of does it add anything new? Out of all the events suggested as new 2BLD is by far the worst.

BradyCubes08

WCA
2018WROT01
It would be pretty trivial, because if you can one look 2x2, you can do 2bld so it would be just like 2x2 just 1 or 2 seconds more time.
If in 2bld you were only allowed to do OP/3-style/any other bld corners method, it would be less like just solving a 2x2, and you would need to learn a different way of solving the 2x2 other than just one looking with EG.
In 3bld, people who cheat get caught because of the method they are using, because it is near impossible to memorize and solve a 3x3 using CFOP in under 10 minutes.
But with a 2x2 people could very well get away with using EG (if it was not allowed) during their solves because when solving 2x2 fast it looks as if when they pick it up it turns to a solved cube the they put it down.

So I do not think 2bld should be a WCA event.

-BradyCubes

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Strongly agree, but 1 looking method shouldn't be allowed, only the blind method should.

This would be impossible to regulate. How do you define "the blind method" and actually check and enforce this for all solves? What about a four-mover? Would that have to be done with two 3-style comms? With the WCA growing as much as it is, we need to avoid such subjective regulations, not add more.

SpiFunTastic

WCA
2013KOTA01
This would be impossible to regulate. How do you define "the blind method" and actually check and enforce this for all solves? What about a four-mover? Would that have to be done with two 3-style comms? With the WCA growing as much as it is, we need to avoid such subjective regulations, not add more.
That's true DG, and BTW I LOVE UR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!! AND UR MY FAVOURITE PYRAMINX SOLVER.

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Everyone is just thrashing me. I feel like a loser
That was a bit of an over reaction. What Wombat said is completely true, but everyone else has a fair point. I don't think (and neither do most people) subjective regulations should be a thing (unless practical, such as if you misscramble a 7x7), and even then, this event would add nothing practical. It would be dominated by top 2x2 solvers from the start, and it would just be 2x2+maybe 2 seconds. You shouldn't add this and remove feet (for example). Instead, keep the events that are unique, such as feet imo.

I guess the general consensus from this thread is that it is a pretty pointless event that would be hard to regulate and would add nothing. So unless anyone has anything revolutionary (I highly doubt that), we should just all leave this thread in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.