• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Official] 2:25.00 5x5 single from Lawrence Spring 2015 + help requested on big cubes

WCA
2013BARK01
This was my best 5x5 single at Lawrence Spring 2015 and now this is around my global average. I kinda want advice on getting faster at 5x5+, because I'm amazingly slow at them.
[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_03Y7zMEs9OamJRbGJFVGgtT2s[/video]

Last edited:
S

Scruggsy13

Use more inspection to plan your first two centers, and in general, turn faster. Slow turning plus pauses leads to slow times.

henrysavich

WCA
2013SAVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The thing about big cubes, which is one of the reasons I don't like them as much, is that there are no tricks to improve besides practice for the most part. A reconstruction of a sub 1 solve can look very similar to that of a ~2:00 solve. The one general tip , that is most useful for breaking the sub:2 barrier, I can give you besides practice is to focus on using moms that are good for finger tricking, instead of trying to minimize the amount of moves you use.