• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2.02m / 6 feet 8 inch World Record Rubik's Cube by Tony Fisher

Tony Fisher

YouTube
Visit Channel
After 330 hours work spanning July to November I am now ready to show my new Rubik's Cube puzzle. At around 2.02m (6 feet 8 inches) it's 35cm or over one foot bigger than the existing official Guinness world record (1.68m) held by Wes Nelson. It weighs 25 stone (160 kg) and works slightly better than my old world record (1.57m) cube. Like all of my puzzles it can be used by just one person though a few aids are employed to make life easier. All work was done by myself and there will be a construction video showing the entire process.
It will be officially measured next week and then I'll submit the evidence to Guinness for ratification.

Last edited:

Tony Fisher

YouTube
Visit Channel
Tony, loved the construction video. So many clever solutions and lessons learned from your previous cube.

Question: what did you do with your previous giant cube?
Ripley's purchased it and took it to the USA for one of their Believe It Or Not venues. The planned location kept changing and now they don't even answer emails. So it's somewhere in the USA but I have no idea where or if it's on display.
PS. Not sure why the video gets attached again.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Ripley's purchased it and took it to the USA for one of their Believe It Or Not venues. The planned location kept changing and now they don't even answer emails. So it's somewhere in the USA but I have no idea where or if it's on display.
PS. Not sure why the video gets attached again.
Crazy they don't even tell you such a basic detail.

I think you want a link in your signature to the video? Just need to update it to a hyperlink on video rather than pasting the link.

Tony Fisher

YouTube
Visit Channel
Solve video now live. The first part is just the solve at 5x speed. The second part explains my method and how I used colour notation to work out moves in advance. The cube has now officially been measured at 2.022m which I assume will mean an official record of 2.02m (providing it's accepted).