• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 18.15 Average of 12 with Sub-10 Single PB!

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't believe you looked at the timer after F2L and didn't completely fail and pop or something. I'm working on reconstructing but my video downloader was taking too long to get the whole video converted. I found some unbelievably easy F2Ls but I couldn't find one that ended in R U R' U' R' F R F' -> A perm.

(9.42) B2 L2 R2 U' F2 R2 D R2 D' R2 D2 L D' R' D L U2 F' U2 F2 L2

Yellow on top and orange in front.

y' D' R D U L U L
U' y R U2 R'

leaves two pairs in U, but I don't think that's what you did. Have you reconstructed this yet?

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, looking back I see that I have my eyes on the timer during the whole A-Perm (which was very slow :(). Lucky me! :p

Reconstruction

Xcross was y' D' R D U L U L.
Then easy second pair by U' R' U R2 U R'
Then I messed up when I did y U' R U R' because I meant to do y U' R U' R'.
Then I inserted the two pairs with U' R' U R2 U2 R'
LL was U2 R U R' U' R' F R F', l' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R l U'.

Also, my friend told me on Facebook - "just watched your reaction to sub10. control your orgasm." xD

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, your solves would be a lot better if you'd learn to slow down a bit and try to learn how to look ahead instead of in between pairs. You lock up like crazy and have all kinds of turning mistakes, and it could go a lot smoother for you. When I was stuck around your stage, I stopped timing myself for a little bit, and started doing walkthrough solves to myself. Then, I just did them slightly faster as I got used to finding pairs before I was done solving the current pair. It will help you get down into the 16 - 17 range and you'll probably have another gap until you reach the 14 - 15 stage, but you'll be more on your way. At this rate (with your current turning style) you'll be stuck at 18 - 19 for a long time, because it's a hard wall to pass.

Tall5001

Premium Member
WCA
2011METZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, looking back I see that I have my eyes on the timer during the whole A-Perm (which was very slow :(). Lucky me! :p

Reconstruction

Xcross was y' D' R D U L U L.
Then easy second pair by U' R' U R2 U R'
Then I messed up when I did y U' R U R' because I meant to do y U' R U' R'.
Then I inserted the two pairs with U' R' U R2 U2 R'
LL was U2 R U R' U' R' F R F', l' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R l U'.

Also, my friend told me on Facebook - "just watched your reaction to sub10. control your orgasm." xD

I couldnt see how you got the xcross untill i saw your solution, but once i got that my time was 9.44 lol

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah you like Try to turn as fast as possible and then huge pause.

At this rate (with your current turning style) you'll be stuck at 18 - 19 for a long time, because it's a hard wall to pass.

It was nerves from being on video (Yes, I get nervous from everything) :p That is one of the first things I thought when I watched again; I was like "Y I NO LOOKAHEAD"

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That reaction might have been funnier than my first BLD reaction.

Yeah woohoo!! Yeah. Yes. Yess!! Oh my gawd. *breathes*, yes. Oh my gawd. Yes. *laughs*. *laughs again*. Yes! Yes. Yeah! Oh my gawd, yes! *slams fist on the stackmat*. Yes! *slams cube on the stackmat*. Yeahh! *shows time on screen* Oh my god. YESS!!

Did you change your pants after that average?