• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

10 year old Irish Girl : Youtube hit!! : Cracks Hamlys Top Christmas Toy Rubiks 360!

rubiks360

10 year old Irish Girl : Cracks Hamlys Top Christmas Toy Rubiks 360!

LINK : www.iworld.ie

Hannah solves the Rubiks 360 and original Rubiks cube in under 3mins!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

jcuber

WCA
2009LEVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
SLOW! J/K, but they make it like solving those puzzles in 3 minutes is a big deal. I don't have a 360, but I am sure that many people here do and could easily sub-2 this.

EDIT: Good music, though. This is my favorite song.

Last edited:

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't have a 360, but I am sure that many people here do and could easily sub-2 this.

You are pretty ignorant then. I'm actually completely amazed at how she did the 360 in 2 minutes, as it takes me at least 10 to luckily get it. Obviously the cube solving was a little slow, but being able to solve the 360 that fast is pretty impressive to me.

jcuber

WCA
2009LEVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you practice the 360 alot? As much as you practice bigcubes? I highly doubt it, and this girl probably spent much more time on it. They also probably had to multiple takes to get it under 3 minutes, because of how close she was to the time limit. Get me a 360 and I bet 100$ I could sub-2 this in 1 week.

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you practice the 360 alot? As much as you practice bigcubes? I highly doubt it, and this girl probably spent much more time on it. They also probably had to multiple takes to get it under 3 minutes, because of how close she was to the time limit. Get me a 360 and I bet 100$ I could sub-2 this in 1 week.

You've never touched a 360 have you? Until you do, don't speculate speeds that you will get. There aren't (that I know of) set solutions that you follow to solve it, and I doubt your ability to come up with a solution yourself. Go to toys 'r us and pick up a 360 and then give my $100 a week later.

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

You've never touched a 360 have you? Until you do, don't speculate speeds that you will get. There aren't (that I know of) set solutions that you follow to solve it, and I doubt your ability to come up with a solution yourself. Go to toys 'r us and pick up a 360 and then give my $100 a week later.

I highly doubt that jcuber would give you the money...

Edam

Premium Member
WCA
2008WILL03
I have kind of a solution but i'm still working on how to get the balls in the right orbits - I have a rough idea though. Since I got one i've probably solved it 7 times, and I timed 4 solves. I got an 8 minute one, two 5 minutes and a 'pb' of 3:36.xx i think..
There's definitely a method to it. I'm pretty sure it can be done sub 1:00 with enough practise.
- and it's 'Hamleys'

Last edited:
E

Ethan Rosen

You're just being an ass. I played with a 360 at Fort Lee. Although I really didn't have it for long, I can tell you that there's more to it than you seem to think.

Sebastian-1

WCA
2009CAST02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I realy don't care about how many takes she took to make it sub-3 minutes. I think is a really good thing that a little girl is interested into speedcubing and wants to share her acomplishments with everybody.

Last edited:

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a 360 and es there is a trick to it ( Which I will not reveal until asked to do so) and once you can get coordinated and your reflexes correct, It doesn't take that long to do it. I've only solved it 4 times, and I can tell you, This puzzle can be solved within 5 days in under 3 minutes.

Sebastien

Premium Member
WCA
2008AURO01
my girlffriend and 4 friends of mine got a Rubik's 360 for a TV documentation (I had no time back then) already 2 and a half months ago. my girlfriend solved that thing sub 3 after around 10 solves. 2 of the others practised (not hard at all) around 2 weeks and both got sub 1. Both of them now average sub 1 with sub 40 PB, without much more practise.
I just tell that to say that much better times then 3 minutes are definetly possible and even easy with some practise.

NEVERTHELESS I find it good that such a little girl is amazed by such things and is willing to be focused enough to solve that.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have just did some searching on youtube and I couldn't find a faster solve. I am pretty certain that much faster times are possible but I have never heard about it (edit: apparently SA has)

So basically I consider this the unofficial WR and half the people here are trashing her skills????

I don't really care if it took her several shoots. I know it took Erik more than 1 attempt to do 7.08 yet many people appreciated that speed anyway.

If anyone can solve it faster than she did (She did it in roughly 1:45) please post that video and be proud

Last edited:

jcuber

WCA
2009LEVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As soon as I get the 360, I will make a video showing the time (on my phone which can't be changed) and the unopened 360. IF in 1 week, I can't sub-1:40 the puzzle, I will admit defeat and send a check to Dan.

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As soon as I get the 360, I will make a video showing the time (on my phone which can't be changed) and the unopened 360. IF in 1 week, I can't sub-1:40 the puzzle, I will admit defeat and send a check to Dan.

that's a little unfair. I'd send a cheque if I were you. :p

Last edited:

Dave Campbell

WCA
2005CAMP01
YouTube
Visit Channel

This kid lives in the Toronto area. He contacted me shortly after the Toronto Star article ran last week. He wanted to come out to my house to show me this in person. I suggested he come to C3 (tomorrow) and show everyone, but he could not make it. So he did the video up instead, as per my suggestion.

The interesting thing is he is not a cuber. And I don't get how he can do it so fast. It is impressive. But i guess i said the same thing about solving the 3x3 in 30 seconds when i first saw it.

Everyone keeps asking me if i have solved the 360 yet. And i have to say no. But i don't try to, i don't have lots of time between a career and organizing all the canadianCUBING stuff. So when i do have the time to practice something, it is an event in which i can actually compete. But it gets old when everyone looks at me like i am an idiot for still not having solved it still.

Last edited by a moderator: