• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 10.93 2x3x3 average of 5 by Meep

Meep

WCA
2008ASIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You have to input the cube's configuration in the order it says there lol

Like, it starts with UF, so if you had some scramble that had UB in that position, you would type UB there, and so forth. ! means that the piece is in the correct spot, and ? means you don't care what piece is in that spot. Separate each entry/piece with a space. So your input might look like this for a domino T perm:

! UL ! UR ! ! ! ! ? ? ? ? URB UFR ! ! ! ! ! !

V-te

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok thanks. Will start working.
I have noticed however, that this approach might have horrible recognition... but I'm not sure. Oh well, try it anyway.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's not Rubik's domino, that's a 3x3x2 ;-) the difference is quite important since recognition SUCKS on a domino.

Ah, beat me to it. Indeed, due to recognition, such a 3x3x2 is not comparable to Rubik's domino. With the domino, recognizing PLL in one step is pretty much impossible to do fast, and even two-step PLL is still hard. And first layer blocks are also not easy, back then I solved cross plus individual corners because of that.

But nonetheless very good, and by far the fastest 3x3x2 average I've seen so far.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's not Rubik's domino, that's a 3x3x2 ;-) the difference is quite important since recognition SUCKS on a domino.

Ah, beat me to it. Indeed, due to recognition, such a 3x3x2 is not comparable to Rubik's domino. With the domino, recognizing PLL in one step is pretty much impossible to do fast, and even two-step PLL is still hard. And first layer blocks are also not easy, back then I solved cross plus individual corners because of that.

But nonetheless very good, and by far the fastest 3x3x2 average I've seen so far.
I acknowledge that, but do you have any good (i.e. short) name suggestions?
"Three by three by two" is a bit long. Is there a neat way to say "colored/stickered domino"?

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I acknowledge that, but do you have any good (i.e. short) name suggestions?
"Three by three by two" is a bit long. Is there a neat way to say "colored/stickered domino"?
Maybe "color domino" if you insists on using the word "domino", which in my opinion simply is wrong. Do a google image search for "domino". Clearly the Rubik's Domino is very appropriately named, and clearly it doesn't make any sense to use the word "domino" for a simply colored 3x3x2, other than through the Rubik's Domino. Oh well, as long as it's clear what's meant or doesn't matter (e.g. when asking for "domino algs" when wanting them for a color 3x3x2)... so I'd say "color domino" is both acceptable and neat enough.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@LNZ: Did you actually read the description?
That is NOT a real domino.

Did you actually read his post? In the parentheses starting with "i.e." he made quite clear what he meant with "real domino" and it perfectly fits the previous discussion in this thread. And he said the "patent expired so no KO", making it quite clear he's aware it's not authentic Rubik's.

DAE_JA_VOO

Hey guys.

Just got my 2x3x3 in the mail and I'm loving it. I want to start speed solving it though. At the moment I'm doing sort of a beginner first layer (cross, corners) and then PLL. I still have to study all the algs though.

What methods are you guys using?

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys.

Just got my 2x3x3 in the mail and I'm loving it. I want to start speed solving it though. At the moment I'm doing sort of a beginner first layer (cross, corners) and then PLL. I still have to study all the algs though.

What methods are you guys using?

Ortega to solve corners them simple commutators for edges... Can't be bothered to speedsolve a non-official puzzle :p

RyanO

WCA
2008OLSO01
Very fast, I'm impressed.

On a side note, you should probably practice starting the timer correctly. I know it's not terribly important here because these are unnofficial solves, but I would hate to see you get all +2s at a competition due to an easily correctable mistake. You should start the timer with your finger tips not your palms. Most judges probably won't even notice, but eventually you will get penalized.