• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 1 year long BLD attempt (michal 1279)

WCA
2014MALE02
YouTube
MrMichalMalek
Thread starter #1
Strange things happened.

After getting inspiration in ZaneC's unfinished 1 year BLD solve, I've found out that I wasn't the only one...

my video from 31.12.14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJkj_YeTmDs

For now I know about 4 people (including Zane and me) who are currently doing same/resemble BLD experiment.

First of all good luck to all of us and for the second: What about making some 'united' BLD experiment? Like everybody memorising the same scramble on the same day for the same amount of time?

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
First of all good luck to all of us and for the second: What about making some 'united' BLD experiment? Like everybody memorising the same scramble on the same day for the same amount of time?
If you memorize on the first day, then over the course of the next year you, mentally, solve that scramble using FMC techniques, then on an air cube practice the solution trying to finger trick it as much as possible, does that still count? As long as it is all done mentally, or on an air cube, I would say yes. What do you think?

If you have 1 full year to memo the cube essentially, why would you ever solve it BLD style at the end of all that time when you can FMC it with as finger trick friendly a solution as possible?