• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

【Official】Thread from GAN- CubeStation Update to UI 4.0

xjaff

Just downloaded it - It took a minute or so to download upgrades after first launch, but no issues getting in.
I use Facebook sign-in.

Thanks for the reply.

I just tried again today and it downloaded another set of updates after launch and then it logged me in directly. So the issue appears to be that I had not received those additional in-app updates that are usually pushed automatically when you launch the app.

All good now.

Those updates are really slow though.

Joann Huang

Hey pppatty do you know that we in europe have to wait 2 or 3 minutes almost every day we start Cubestation, only waiting for the 5 or 10 mb updates? Would it be possible to ask "install now" or "install later" and not have to watch a very slow download when I want to cube?

Also if you don't have mobile data left for your phone and just want to cube, these forced updates might be not enjoyable.
Hi, @freshcuber.de.Thanks for your suggestion. The reason why we want forced updates is to try to avoid bugs during we use the App. We could fix the known bugs according to our user's feedback to make our users acquire more and more wonderful experiences.
Just like my colleagues, Patty said we already share this suggestion to software department.
Thanks and Have a nice day!

Joann Huang

What do you mean by "Change Service Provider"? It is not something I can find inside the App. And I am on 4G when mobile, and 300/300Mbps at home. So speed is not the problem on my end.
A friend had problems reaching your servers at all, as it was blocked in AdBlocker DNS filter.
Hi,@povlhp.Qualifying has many grades-Master, Professional, Senior, and so on. At the beginning of qualifying, it is a normal phenomenon to meet different level cubers. Because we do not have any records to match your a competitor. So, you may match some 10-15s cubers, some 300s cubers. When your reach the specific grade, you could match competitor of the same level.

Question 2-DNF
In the qualifying, we have to finish ours solve at a specific time after our competitor. Our move wouldn't be marked if we didn't finish on time. So, It would suddenly in the middle of the next match with a badly scrambled cube.

Question 3-A friend had problems reaching your servers at all, as it was blocked in AdBlocker DNS filter.
How about use Wifi?Still have this problem?

Thanks and Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Joann Huang

I received an iOS update of cube station from the App Store today, and I can no longer login to cube station after the update.

The version reported in the app is 3.0.388, the version of the update on the App Store just says 3.3.

I was using cube station this morning before the update no problem, logged off and then had the update in the afternoon and now I can no longer login. I use an email account to login. It now gives me the message “Unregisterd account” (with that typo)
Could share this screenshot picture if the problem happens again. Have the Screenshot would help us solve it more speedily.
Thanks and Have a nice day.

povlhp

2 things, a user on another forum has issues with his iCarry "crashing", that is losing connection and never wake up before battery is pulled and re-inserted. He bought from one of the US/Australian delers. COnfirmed to not be a lube problem. Both his original and replacement has the problem. He got a version 3.8 -
Mine from ziicube is a version 3.10.

We also had reports of the same here, theory at that time was lubrication on battery. But I guess most/all with issues are from the same batch/dealer(s).

The version displayed in the software, gear on the cube sheet, is that hardware or software version ? If software, can it be upgraded ? Symptoms indicate it is a software lockup, and removing/reinserting battery resets the stuck software.

Another thing on DNF in qualifying. It is OK the server terminates the match at the server end 15s after first user, but then please on the phone keep tracking my solve, and save my solve even if I sped 2 minutes too long.
As it is now, at some point after I get a DNF I do a U U' or something else that the software will see as an attempt to join a new match, with a completely scrambled cube (the software knows that). So I can NEVER finish the match I was automatically joined to.

For now, qualifying is still not a good experience for the slower cuber.

Joann Huang

1#-Contact the dealer to solve this problem thoroughly. This is the best and most direct way to solve this battery issue. Please PM me if any dealer does not willing to solve the issue of the GAN356 I carry. (Please provide your purchase record and your communication records to me at the same time).I would help you to solve this problem thoroughly.

2#I would try to communicate with the software department to add a shock or music In it when joined to competition.

Thanks for your suggestions and Have a lovely day.

Last edited:

povlhp

1#-Contact the dealer to solve this problem thoroughly. This is the best and most direct way to solve this battery issue. Please PM me if any dealer does not willing to solve the issue of the GAN356 I carry. (Please provide your purchase record and your communication records to me at the same time).I would help you to solve this problem thoroughly.
User already got one replaced. SCS I think.
but if it is hardware we should know what revisions are ok

Joann Huang

User already got one replaced. SCS I think.
but if it is hardware we should know what revisions are ok
Got it. Please contact them again if this issue still insists. We have an after-sales service agreement with the dealers on the GAN356 I carry. And we also would replace the new GAN356 i carry for our dealers. So, don't worry. Just contact them to replace a new one.
One has a battery issue it doesn't mean the whole version also has a battery issue. We would solve it with our dealers.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

povlhp

Got it. Please contact them again if this issue still insists. We have an after-sales service agreement with the dealers on the GAN356 I carry. And we also would replace the new GAN356 i carry for our dealers. So, don't worry. Just contact them to replace a new one.
One has a battery issue it doesn't mean the whole version also has a battery issue. We would solve it with our dealers.

I understand you. But now the early problems is still creating a bad reputation for the iCarry, despite maybe a low failure rate. That is why it is important to be more open and say something like 5% of the version 3.8 have problems, and that the problem has been mitigated in 3.10 - or something along these lines. Currently there is big uncertainty, and some are holding back on purchase.

xjaff

Another thing on DNF in qualifying. It is OK the server terminates the match at the server end 15s after first user, but then please on the phone keep tracking my solve, and save my solve even if I sped 2 minutes too long.
As it is now, at some point after I get a DNF I do a U U' or something else that the software will see as an attempt to join a new match, with a completely scrambled cube (the software knows that). So I can NEVER finish the match I was automatically joined to.

For now, qualifying is still not a good experience for the slower cuber.

If another match starts while your cube is scrambled, have you tried following the provided scramble from your scrambled cube state? (i.e. don't solve your cube first).

I don't think I have had this situation come up in multiplayer or qualifying matches yet, but I think I blew up an alg during ranked (single player) and so I hit DNF. Then as I started to solve the cube along the way a U and eventually U' caused the next scramble to start before I had finished solving the cube and I think I actually just followed the given scramble from my scrambled cube state and it worked.

This is non-intuitive since traditionally we always solve the cube entirely before applying the next scramble, but I am guessing their technology actually gives you the right moves to scramble from whatever the current state of your cube is.

awh

Hi there,

I've been looking around but I can't seem to find any way to export all my solves into CSV format. Ive been enjoying racing (very slowly) against other people, but since I'm a data junkie I'm mostly using a different app that can log my solves to graph later. Is there any chance for this feature coming up?

pppatty

Hi there,

I've been looking around but I can't seem to find any way to export all my solves into CSV format. Ive been enjoying racing (very slowly) against other people, but since I'm a data junkie I'm mostly using a different app that can log my solves to graph later. Is there any chance for this feature coming up?
Dear,

Thanks for your question.

We are trying to give feedback to our IT. Currently cubestation app does not support exporting data. We will update to you all if this option is in progress. Sorry for your inconvenience.

freshcuber.de

WCA
2016FRIS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I have installed Cubestation months ago via Google Play Store, but when I start Cubestation now, it wants to make a "Client Update" via .apk file. To open the Android phone for external installations aside from the Play Store is considered dangerous and many users (like me) are not willing to do that. If I click on "Cancel" it does not only cancel the Update (and would let me go on with version v3.0.413), but it exits the app completely. This is very annoying and frustrating.

This means, my Gan Robot now is only a brick and there is no software to use it.

With Cubeast I have an alternative to use the Gan i Carry and the Gan Bluetooth Timer, but I also would like to use them again in the official Cubestation app.

So PLEASE put the new update as official in the Google Play Store so that we can use the Gan hardware with the official app again. And in future, please avoid unofficial .apk udates.

Happy cubing, Roland

ElenaL

Hi to all, I hope you are well?
I use newest App Cube Station on Android.
I create my own custom algorithm notation.
Where are the custom algorithm saved, where is the path?
How I can backup my algorithm, can I export my List?
Are my custom algorithm saved on cloud with my account?
If I have to reinstall the app, how can I import my list of algorithms. Do I even need to. I don't feel like adding all my notations again. ;)
Thank you in advance for a help.
Have a nice Sunday.
Kind Regards, Elena

Joann Huang

Hi to all, I hope you are well?
I use newest App Cube Station on Android.
I create my own custom algorithm notation.
Where are the custom algorithm saved, where is the path?
Are my custom algorithm saved on cloud with my account?
If I have to reinstall the app, how can I import my list of algorithms. Do I even need to. I don't feel like adding all my notations again. ;)
Thank you in advance for a help.
Have a nice Sunday.
Kind Regards, Elena
Hi, Thanks for your asking. Here are answers to your questions.

Where is the custom algorithm saved, where is the path?
---Homepage-Practice-Training-Algorithm Library-Customize-Input your algorithm

---Cube Station don't support export List at this stage.

Is my custom algorithm saved on the cloud with my account?
---Yes, it is saved on the cloud with your account.

If I have to reinstall the app, how can I import my list of algorithms? Do I even need to? I don't feel like adding all my notations again
---Nope. Doesnt need to add the Customize algorithm again because it is saved with your account. It's still saved in your account even though you uninstall the app.

Notes:
How to create your Customize Algorithm Library?
---Homepage- Setting button-Training -Library Settings -Add
1636961398325.png
1636961448146.png

Hope it helps ~

Thanks

17th Nov.2021

Dear All valued Users,

Thanks for your continuous support and help!!!
We have received some users' feedback that it's hard to load into the homepage, Update nee to wait a long time and the network always shows it unstable. All comments and feedbacks are valued.

We're fixing these issues all the time and now we're recruiting some volunteers who use android 11 or above to help us to test the fixed one.

Test period: End of Nov-Mid of Dec.
Test Content included:
1. Does Android 11 or above system users can able to download Cube Station from GooglePlay and use it normally?
2. Is the APP stable during use?
3. Is spending a long time on the loading page?
4.Does it return to the login page after the network is disconnected?

5. Other Network issues

PM me if you are interested to be our volunteers, helping us improve and creating a better Cube Station.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
GAN Service Team

Last edited:

ElenaL

Hi, Thanks for your asking. Here are answers to your questions.

Where is the custom algorithm saved, where is the path?
---Homepage-Practice-Training-Algorithm Library-Customize-Input your algorithm

---Cube Station don't support export List at this stage.

Is my custom algorithm saved on the cloud with my account?
---Yes, it is saved on the cloud with your account.

If I have to reinstall the app, how can I import my list of algorithms? Do I even need to? I don't feel like adding all my notations again
---Nope. Doesnt need to add the Customize algorithm again because it is saved with your account. It's still saved in your account even though you uninstall the app.

Notes:
How to create your Customize Algorithm Library?
---Homepage- Setting button-Training -Library Settings -Add
View attachment 17703
View attachment 17704

Hope it helps ~

Thanks

Hi Joann Huang,
sorry for my late response.
Thank you very much for your answer and good explanation.
I understand now.
Have a good time and take care,
Elena

kb528396

A couple suggestions.
1. Add "hide algorithm" option in training, so you can't see the algorithm for practice.
2. Add "select random OLL/PLL" option
3. Add custom scramble option for training.
These ideas would benefit the quality of practice people get from the training section.

Joann Huang

A couple suggestions.
1. Add "hide algorithm" option in training, so you can't see the algorithm for practice.
2. Add "select random OLL/PLL" option
3. Add custom scramble option for training.
These ideas would benefit the quality of practice people get from the training section.
Thanks for your suggestions
1. Add the "hide algorithm" option in training, so you can't see the algorithm for practice.-It's done~ Already has the "hide algorithm" function.
1638761922911.png
No.2 & No.3 would share with the product manager. Thx again~

27th Dec 2021

Dear all Valued Users,

We're receiving a lot of feedback for the Cube Station App and all of it was valued. We're fixed it and uploaded it to the Google Play store at the end of last week.

【Update/Fixed】
  • 1. Fixed Android 11 or above system users download problem;
  • 2. Fixed the network instability during use;
  • 3. Optimize the newly loaded page;
  • 4. Optimize other Network issues;
Some models can receive update notifications from the app store. Please re-download/update the new one from Google Play/ App Store(IOS & Android)/CubeStation Website if didn't receive the notifications.(Note: All data is stored in the cloud. Uninstall /install/update Cube Station APP would delete your data.)

Thanks for your continuous support.Welcome any suggestion and We believe that Cube Station App would be better in our joint efforts.

GANCUBE Service Team

Last edited: