• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

【Official】Thread from GAN- CubeStation Update to UI 4.0

Joann Huang

The engineers already fix it and please try to open the Cube Station again.

Please contact us if you have any issues with Cube Station / GAN Smart Cube. And provide the following information to help us fix it.
1)Date:
2)Video/Screenshot:
3)Problem Description:
4)User ID/Registered email:
5)Your Mobile Device:
6)Your Cube:
7)App Version:

Thanks in advance.

1619602354900.png

Last edited:
Date: 26th May, 2021

Dear Valued GAN/Cube Station users,

Hello all, the new version V3.0.347 was released on 24th May 2021, App users could find it on AppStore, Thank you for your continuous support!

【UPDATED】
1. The beta version of the first season of qualifying is launch
2. Robot can support double cube
3. Custom avatar
4. The Great God Authentication System
5. Added CFOP advanced replay analysis function (F2L is divided into four segments: analysis and observation/execution/adjustment/AUF time), support bridge replay analysis
6. New anti-cheating mechanism
7. New event: The first round of the Magic Play Competition: Timed Ranking Competition

【Optimization】
1. Personal homepage interaction
2. Formula scramble supports custom orientation (Way: main interface settings-cube settings-scramble orientation)
3. Newly added clearance rewards and number of clearances for AI teaching
4. Room settings: automatically record the recently set entry time and DNF time settings

【Repair】
1. Fix known bugs

Silverback

I got my Gan 356i V2 today. I'm looking for some info on how to use the app properly. I'm especially interested in how the app can help me to get better (I.e.find my weaknesses or suboptimal algs I use). Is there any resource for this kind of problem?

pppatty

I got my Gan 356i V2 today. I'm looking for some info on how to use the app properly. I'm especially interested in how the app can help me to get better (I.e.find my weaknesses or suboptimal algs I use). Is there any resource for this kind of problem?

Hi, you can select "Practice" mode and choose "Training" or " Timer". And then base on your request, practice again and again. Practice makes perfect.

freshcuber.de

WCA
2016FRIS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
For practice you should check out Cubeast. The Cube Station app is useful if you want to battle or do ranking challenges, etc.
But for single person solves I would prefer Cubeast. That works in the browser, so no intalling is needed.

freshcuber.de

WCA
2016FRIS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did you customize color on your app? Please check your mode on the corner of left. Select smart cube and click " color customize" then reset and save. If it can not work, please provide your ID and we will check and solve.

I tried that. I can change between "Stickerle" (Stickerless is meant) and "Stickere" (Stickered is meant, but the black areas of the cube are shown hollow so that you see the rear stickers). I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature. The small holes at the corners of the centers in stickerless mode are also displayed hollow which makes no sense at all. Would be nice if you fix that and add a button "light effects on/off" (or remove them completely because they are only an unnecessary simulation of bad lighting.
My ID is 138023
Happy cubing, Roland

pppatty

I tried that. I can change between "Stickerle" (Stickerless is meant) and "Stickere" (Stickered is meant, but the black areas of the cube are shown hollow so that you see the rear stickers). I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature. The small holes at the corners of the centers in stickerless mode are also displayed hollow which makes no sense at all. Would be nice if you fix that and add a button "light effects on/off" (or remove them completely because they are only an unnecessary simulation of bad lighting.
My ID is 138023
Happy cubing, Roland

Please enter setting (on the upper right) and choose "Cube settings", you can see "Hollow" mode, and close it. Then enter "mode" (on the upper left), then choose "Stickerle" or "Stickere" and reset. If the problem not solve yet, please send us screen recording. Thanks!

Last edited:

freshcuber.de

WCA
2016FRIS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
But the light effects still are annoying. All 3 screenshots show M2, but the first and second one do not look so. Only the rotation of the cube was changed.
1622217632272.png
So I would be happy to turn that off with a switch button.

pppatty

But the light effects still are annoying. All 3 screenshots show M2, but the first and second one do not look so. Only the rotation of the cube was changed.
View attachment 15859
So I would be happy to turn that off with a switch button.

Thanks for your feedback~ This issue we have already knew it and we are discussing that how we can solve it. If any feedback, will let you know.

freshcuber.de

WCA
2016FRIS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey pppatty do you know that we in europe have to wait 2 or 3 minutes almost every day we start Cubestation, only waiting for the 5 or 10 mb updates? Would it be possible to ask "install now" or "install later" and not have to watch a very slow download when I want to cube?

Also if you don't have mobile data left for your phone and just want to cube, these forced updates might be not enjoyable.

povlhp

GAN just a few requests:
1. Get a faster server for updates in Europe / Eastern US.

2. In qualifying I keep getting Matched up against 10-15s cubers. And my PB is 35s. All my solves are thus DNF and not logged. It is OK to tell me I lost. But I still want to complete my solve and have it logged.
If i do not look at the screen and continue solve i am suddenly in the middle of next match with a badly scrambled cube.
so I stopped qualifying and does time trials only.
And uses Cubeast.

pppatty

GAN just a few requests:

2. In qualifying I keep getting Matched up against 10-15s cubers. And my PB is 35s. All my solves are thus DNF and not logged. It is OK to tell me I lost. But I still want to complete my solve and have it logged.
If i do not look at the screen and continue solve i am suddenly in the middle of next match with a badly scrambled cube.
And uses Cubeast.
Thanks for your suggestions~ We have already reflect to our IT department and they will see how to improve it. :)

pppatty

GAN just a few requests:

And uses Cubeast.
About the updates, you can change service provider and try again or restart app. We have already reflect to our IT department and they will see how to improve this issue better. Thanks!

povlhp

What do you mean by "Change Service Provider" ? It is not something I can find inside the App. And I am on 4G when mobile, and 300/300Mbps at home. So speed is not the problem in my end.
A friend had problems reaching your servers at all, as it was blocked in AdBlocker DNS filter.

xjaff

I received an iOS update of cube station from the App Store today, and I can no longer login to cube station after the update.

The version reported in the app is 3.0.388, the version of the update on the App Store just says 3.3.

I was using cube station this morning before the update no problem, logged off and then had the update in the afternoon and now I can no longer login. I use an email account to login. It now gives me the message “Unregisterd account” (with that typo)

povlhp

Just downloaded it - It took a minute or so to download upgrades after first launch, but no issues getting in.
I use Facebook sign-in.