I decided to stuff cotton balls in the corner holes.
Wow. It worked great except fibers worked their way out.
I also tried felt and cut up polishing cloth. Neither were quite as quiet as the cotton ball
I feel like there is a perfect material for this task, I'm just not sure at it is yet...
I'd guess it has 50-100 solves. Never gigged. Only used in my smoke free home studio.
I put a few drops of maru lube in it when it was new.
It will include a Dayan bag and some half bright replacement stickers.
Price and shipping are negotiable.
With decent computer skills their stickers are relatively easy to make at home but the their tiles are special.
They are made of a a hard to find material, cut with expensive di cutting techniques, and have custom-applied adhesive.
If they are truly out of business there will be a tile void...
After a long break from cubing I just got this cube last Friday. It's amazing. My times have dropped from 2 min down to 1:3x.
It's unbelievable how much 4x4's have improved while I was gone. The last one I used was v-cube. It locks like a mother.
When I see certain reviews saying that the aosu...
When my v1 arrived I made the mods in the op with a file. It's fantastic. I lubed with maru lube. To me it feels like brand new diy zanchi put together for the first time. I'll get a v2 for sure as soon as it arrives in one of my usual stores.
My cx3 has gotten better and better since I got it.
Out of the box it was a little rough. It felt a little squeaky (like my x-cube4). I ended up removing some flashing from the centers. For lube I put two drops of maru lube in each side. I planned to try Jigaloo if the maru lube didn't help it...
I think the company is over confident in this idea. It's a supercube++
For a vast majority of speedcubers there isn't much wow factor in : special stickers with famous math sequences on the sides, plastic non-speedcubes, wooden non-speedcubes.
There is a cool factor in an aluminum cube...
I made it graphical with css sprites. Not shorter but more interesting than the work I'm supposed to be doing right now.
It just replaces the text with an image. It might make it easier for someone to actually solve.