• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] ZBLL discussion

irontwig

WCA
2010JERN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Considering that you basically don't need to do OLL, but at the cost of recognizing ZBLL, doing EO and having to be able to execute hundreds instead of dozens of alg, something like half a second saved at world class speed.

cashis

I'd say definitely low 5, very high 4 averages :D

nah, recognition for ZBLL is a *****. takes a good solid second to recognize the case, then another to execute. The only way this is possible is if you're just as comfortable with ZBLL as you are with PLL, and I think that's a very, very difficult task, maybe one that's not even possible.

quickalt

Banned
nah, recognition for ZBLL is a *****. takes a good solid second to recognize the case, then another to execute. The only way this is possible is if you're just as comfortable with ZBLL as you are with PLL, and I think that's a very, very difficult task, maybe one that's not even possible.

I'm pretty sure that's what "full potential" covers.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
To piggyback, it's totally possible.
With systems, tricks, and extrapolation, recognition's not even an issue.

The biggest issue is nice algs.

OLLiver

WCA
2015JENK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it might be this.
yes thats the one
also

I am a keen follower of your le elegance du cube blog , I think your right about ZBLL, its the future, today I had a COLL case where I recognised the edge permutation, and I solved the entire LL in 2.6 seconds lol, I think ZBLL just gets put down by everyone who is too afraid of learning it, well we shall show them eh old sport?
within the next 4 days I will start memorising the ZBLL Algorithms ! woo I Am so excited lol

OLLiver

WCA
2015JENK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Me here again.

So I'm into day 11 of ZBLL, I have learnt 24 Algorithms, however I am having trouble remembering each ALG, especially the ones that I started with. my question is how to get such a large number of algs into muscle memory? I have had to stop to go over them again. Is 4-6 per day too many to learn?

also does anyone know of a scrambler that will only give T set ZBLL scrambles? Or if not how to practice the algs better?

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
One of the things I did when I was learning individual subsets was to set them up whilst doing tons of solves.

So if an L/U/Pi/H/S case popped up, I'd just do a sune/antisune and turn it into a T.
Back then, I'd have one set for each day of the week. So only T cases Sunday, only U cases Monday, etc etc.

Once you figure out which angle to do the sune/antisune to get the case you want, it's relatively fast. Good luck!