• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] ZBLL discussion

CubingGenius

I tried looking for a better alg for ZBLL-T 44 and I found these:

(U) R' U' R U2 R' D R' U R U R' U2 R U' D' R 17 HTM (including AUF)
R U' L U L' U R' L U' R U R' U L' U R U2 R' 18 HTM
(U') R U R' U R L' U2 L U2 R' U2 L' U L U' L' U2 L 19 HTM (including AUF)

I think I like the first one the most. Does anyone think these are good algs?

for ll the people who already use zbll whats your opinion on zz-ct are you crying because you wasted your time with zbll or do you think zbll still has an advantage?

D

Daniel Lin

for ll the people who already use zbll whats your opinion on zz-ct are you crying because you wasted your time with zbll or do you think zbll still has an advantage?
ZBLL is still faster than ZZ-CT; that is a fact. Also, I don't know any ZZ-CT, but I've heard it's really easy to learn if you know ZBLLs, so it wouldn't be a waste of time

I tried looking for a better alg for ZBLL-T 44 and I found these:

(U) R' U' R U2 R' D R' U R U R' U2 R U' D' R 17 HTM (including AUF)
R U' L U L' U R' L U' R U R' U L' U R U2 R' 18 HTM
(U') R U R' U R L' U2 L U2 R' U2 L' U L U' L' U2 L 19 HTM (including AUF)

I think I like the first one the most. Does anyone think these are good algs?
yeah first one is pretty good. I think I'll stick to y' R U R' U2 R U' R' U2 R U' R2 F' R U R U' R' F though, it's pretty fingertricky

CubingGenius

I think for ZZ LS+LL ZBLL has an advantage over ZZ-CT because the algs are shorter and more finger-tricky. I think even ZZ-b has a very slight advantage over it. But ZZ-CT is still able to be executed extremely fast, has a lower alg count than both of them, does not require as much effort to get fast with and has a very different concept of solving ZZ LS+LL, which is why I think a lot of people will learn it.

wir3sandfir3s

I think for ZZ LS+LL ZBLL has an advantage over ZZ-CT because the algs are shorter and more finger-tricky. I think even ZZ-b has a very slight advantage over it. But ZZ-CT is still able to be executed extremely fast, has a lower alg count than both of them, does not require as much effort to get fast with and has a very different concept of solving ZZ LS+LL, which is why I think a lot of people will learn it.
Actually, the Algs are extremely finger tricky.

OLLiver

WCA
2015JENK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I managed to learn most of ZBLL (310 algs ) 6 months ago. However I was unable to maintain the alg set. Even with a solid hour of pure ZBLL practice everyday and forcing eo on ls every time. I was unable to keep all the algs learnt. I want to try again soon. And advice?

CubingGenius

I managed to learn most of ZBLL (310 algs ) 6 months ago. However I was unable to maintain the alg set. Even with a solid hour of pure ZBLL practice everyday and forcing eo on ls every time. I was unable to keep all the algs learnt. I want to try again soon. And advice?

You can use this to force certain COLL subsets or OCLL subsets of ZBLL. You set scramble type to 3x3x3 subsets, set the bar below to custom scramble and paste a custom scramble in the bar to the right.

If you give me your OCLL recognition angles, I can give you all the codes for COLL and OCLL recognition.

OLLiver

WCA
2015JENK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can use this to force certain COLL subsets or OCLL subsets of ZBLL. You set scramble type to 3x3x3 subsets, set the bar below to custom scramble and paste a custom scramble in the bar to the right.

If you give me your OCLL recognition angles, I can give you all the codes for COLL and OCLL recognition.
Mmm thanks for this but ive been using that already. Any other ideas? Maybe i cant learn ZBLL :(

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Take it a bit slower maybe? Seems like most people who actually end up being successful with ZB take it slower when learning. I myself am trying to work towards full ZB, but I've been making sure I'm comfortable with everything I know in real solves before moving on. I've also been making sure that I like every alg I learn, even if it means genning something/finding stuff by hand which has helped me keep motivated to stick to it since I know it's actually going to be worth it in the long run.

Hope this helps :) Don't quit on ZB!

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, one problem lots is people might have is memorising algs too fast and moving on before the recognition and muscle memory really set in.
Thats the annoying thing about large Alg sets, it takes ages to finish them and be able to use them in solves.

Edit: I kind of reiterated what Jay said. : P

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Could someone explain how ZBLL recognition works? I know how to recognize COLL, but I don't get the edge cycle recognition explained on the wiki, too confusing. :/

Y2k1

WCA
2017AHME03
Could someone explain how ZBLL recognition works? I know how to recognize COLL, but I don't get the edge cycle recognition explained on the wiki, too confusing. :/
1. Coll
2. Identify if it is:

W perm with 4 possible opp edge positions

O perm with 2 different swap directions

U perm, 8 possible (4 per u perm)

Z perm with 2 directions

H perm/ solved edges

Adjacent edge swap 4 possible

Opp swap 2 possible

Different coll cases allow different ells (depends on cp)

Sorry if incorrect, I dont use zbll but ct

D

Daniel Lin

Could someone explain how ZBLL recognition works? I know how to recognize COLL, but I don't get the edge cycle recognition explained on the wiki, too confusing.
The wiki method is pretty simple
for T U and L cases just look at FU, FUR, RFU, and RU. You can always determine the EP just by looking at those stickers

what do you not get about it?

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The wiki method is pretty simple
for T U and L cases just look at FU, FUR, RFU, and RU. You can always determine the EP just by looking at those stickers

what do you not get about it?

Hm, I was confused because I haven't read carefully and thought they describe only 3 cases before realizing I have to examine FU/FRU and RU/RUF separately.
Apart from that I found the explanation about the X cases unclear. Does it mean that I recognize COLL --> a tuple of {C,A,O}, if it's not (A,A) I'm done and if it's (A,A) I have to distinguish between the remaining 4 cases?
Anyway, what about H and Pi?

D

Daniel Lin

what's the best way to recognize ZBLLs?

I currently use Baum-Harris (looking at FU and RU).

Is there a better way that doesn't requiring AUFing first?