• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] YuXin 4x4 - ZhiSheng Unicorn

What do you think about this puzzle?

• Total voters

Carbon

WCA
2014VAND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got mine from CCS, it is amazing ootb but the second layer is a bit sluggish, it gets better with every solve though! Probably will become my backup after my incredibly broken in aosu. I'm not that fast at 4x4, only avg about 53 seconds but i can see this easily besting the aosu, mainly beacuse it is as good as an aosu with 1000 slves out of the box.

PBCubing

For slower cubers would the aosu be better? Are the stock stickers mat finished?

Johnny

Clarksville, Arkansas / Minneapolis, Minnesota
YouTube
Visit Channel
I got this from The Cubicle. The turning is soft and smooth, a slight bit sandy too. The cube performs virtually perfectly, except for minor catches, but this isn't a legitimate issue since there are no lock ups. The real problem with this cube is the fact that it is virtually impossible to reassemble. If this cube pops or you take it apart, you will spend hours trying and failing to get it back together because the mechanism means that the cube does not tolerate errors during reassembly. You have to be 100% perfect or you're screwed.

Last edited:

Ihasdapie

I thinking of getting one for comps, i have a REALLY broken in pillowed v-cube 4 that I really like. Is this similar, or is there another cube that is similar? My v-cube 4 is around a fast as an aolong XD

cashis

I thinking of getting one for comps, i have a REALLY broken in pillowed v-cube 4 that I really like. Is this similar, or is there another cube that is similar? My v-cube 4 is around a fast as an aolong XD

Its probably better out of the box, but you'll have to spend some time getting used to a cubic puzzle.

Ihasdapie

Its probably better out of the box, but you'll have to spend some time getting used to a cubic puzzle.

Nah is ok i use cubic for everything else but for megaminx and pyraminx:)

Justnasking about the feel. Do they feel similar?

FailCuber

WCA
2011CHOI04
I have this cube and it's ok i guess but it's worse then my aosu I lubed and tensioned it and everything but I can't make it the way i like it. So aosu is my main.