• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Yusheng Du - 3.47 3×3 single

TwisterCuber

Good point. But he may have seen it and went for it without looking ahead properly. But he did upload a OH color neutral average a bit ago.

Edit:
EVERYONE! VIDEO!

Looks like he did white cross.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trexrush1

WCA
2013MAZU02
I'll admit it is a bit strange he is the only one who got a good time on the scramble, but it seems plausible at least. If it wasn't an obvious XXcross, the lower-caliber competitors may not have recognized it. And the only other sub-8 cubers there were Antoine and Kaijun. Kaijun uses Roux. And Antoine only does orange-red cross so the XXcross may have been on a different colour.
I think any sensible person would go for a double X-cross even if it wasnt their main color, so its still odd that NO ONE had a signifficantly better solve, even sur-10 cubers. However, given this, We will have to accept the time as legit. For now at least.

Edit: Video went up after I started typing, Ill watch it now

Edit 2: The dude did like 10 moves total wtf

Last edited:

TwisterCuber

I want to believe it but I just can't. This HAS to have been a mis scramble. No way nobody else got anything good on this scramble but some guy gets a 3. What in the world... Just no...

Here's a surveillance video of the room .

We heard that Wang Xuming was recording by using a cellphone when the WR happened.
so if we have a better video, we would upload it as soons as possible
let's hope he was and has a better video

TwisterCuber

for me, he kinda looks like he was turning the cube in inspection time. but still, the solve has no pauses, and even if it was fake, that's really cool.
It does look like he was turning, maybe to see what would happen if he did the moves but that probably isn't the case. No one would be stupid enough to do that.

Sion

Guys. If the kid managed to find a lucky route to a solve (which is what happens to me all the time) cut him some slack. Unless this was just an unusually easy scramble where all competitors are getting abnormal times, just congratulate him.

If you got the wr single, would you like if everyone started questioning you because you weren't Feliks or Max?

TwisterCuber

Guys. If the kid managed to find a lucky route to a solve (which is what happens to me all the time) cut him some slack. Unless this was just an unusually easy scramble where all competitors are getting abnormal times, just congratulate him.

If you got the wr single, would you like if everyone started questioning you because you weren't Feliks or Max?
Actually, I would because it shows that the community doesn't always blindly believe something and I would be glad to see the skeptics and understand where they were coming from.

xyzzy

However, given this, I unfortunately will have to accept the time as legit. For now at least.
how is this unfortunate

can you maybe congratulate the guy instead of shouting "I DON'T BELIEVE YOU, FAKE NEWS" constantly

Not saying you can't be suspicious about it, but (i) there's a lot of unwarranted negativity already and (ii) why would you hope for it to be a misscramble/etc. instead of a legitimate result?

It's one thing to be a sceptic. It's another thing to be a dick.

Last edited:

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yusheng Du 3×3 3.47 WR 杜宇生
Scramble:F U2 L2 B2 F' U L2 U R2 D2 L' B L2 B' R2 U2
解法:
观察z y
XXC: U R2 U' F' L F' U' L'
3rd F:U' R U R2 U R
4th F: U2 R' U R
OLL:U R' U' R U' R‘ U2 R U
赛事:WCA Wuhu OPEN 2018

Sion

wait a minute... it's a petrus solve!

It was meant to be CFOP, but the solve itself has much more resemblance to Petrus in its nature, especially with the XXcross being a 2x2x3, and ZBLL, which is basically Petrus.

Yusheng Du 3×3 3.47 WR 杜宇生
Scramble:F U2 L2 B2 F' U L2 U R2 D2 L' B L2 B' R2 U2
解法:
观察z y
XXC: U R2 U' F' L F' U' L'
3rd F:U' R U R2 U R
4th F: U2 R' U R
OLL:U R' U' R U' R‘ U2 R U
赛事:WCA Wuhu OPEN 2018

Or...

Inspection: z y
2x2x3+EO: U R2 U' F' L F' U' L'
F2L:U' R U R2 U R U2 R' U R
ZBLL:U R' U' R U' R‘ U2 R U

This solve is much more like Petrus than CFOP in all honesty.

After looking at the reconstruction of Yusheng Du's World Record Single, Inoticed three things:

1: the XXCross formed a 2x2x3, also solving EO.
2: F2L was solved whilst preserving EO by only using RU moves.
3: the LL was one look, OLLCP, or rather, ZBLL.

There is a method that does all of this as part of it's steps, and it isn't CFOP.

You know what it actually is? PETRUS!

Here is a reconstruction of the WR solve, but instead if using CFOP terminology, it uses Petrus terminology. It makes much more sense than the CFOP reconstruction:

z y // inspection
U R2 U' F' L F' U' L' // 2x2x3+EO
U' R U R2 U R U2 R' U R // F2L
U R' U' R U' R' U2 R // ZBLL
U // AUF

https://alg.cubing.net/?setup=F_U2_L2_B2_F-_U_L2_U_R2_D2_L-_B_L2_B-_R2_U2&alg=z_y_//_inspection_ U_R2_U-_F-_L_F-_U-_L-_//_2x2x3&#2b;EO U-_R_U_R2_U_R_U2_R-_U_R_//_F2L U_R-_U-_R_U-_R-_U2_R_//_ZBLL U_//_AUF&ti

qq280833822

WCA
2008CHEN27
There's an explanation video by yusheng, https://weibo.com/tv/v/H49o3DLuz?fid=1034:4309893981607643 (I'm not sure whether it can be accessed out of chinese mainland)

Simple translation:
FIrstly I found such piece for red cross. Then I found this F(2L block) and this F(2L block), and found this piece.
I did this piece first, and put this F(2L block), and then finished this piece for cross.
When handling cross, this F(2L block) can be solved simultaneously.
Then there is a standard F2L (3-move F2L) here, and then the last F(2L block)
Then the fish-like OLL (7-move OLL), and PLL skipped.

Last edited:

qq280833822

WCA
2008CHEN27
There's an explanation video by yusheng, https://weibo.com/tv/v/H49o3DLuz?fid=1034:4309893981607643 (I'm not sure whether it can be accessed out of chinese mainland)

Simple translation:
FIrstly I found such piece for red cross. Then I found this F(2L block) and this F(2L block), and found this piece.
I did this piece first, and put this F(2L block), and then finished this piece for cross.

Sion

Simple translation:

But, if you break it down, that is literally petrus.

Sion

It's also CFOP, and it's also ZZ-d. Fact of the matter is the easiest solves can be classified as multiple different methods, but his explanation clearly shows that the intent was to do CFOP

Could you maybe do a reconstruction with ZZ-d terminology?