• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Your thoughts on the new Private forum?

cubersmith

WCA
2011SMIT04
YouTube
Visit Channel
It wasn't soft deleted(can still be restored but only can be seen by moderators) so I looked at the moderator logs. There's nothing about a post of your's being deleted. Probably never got posted for whatever reason. What did you say/ask?

I said something like:
I was just wondering how this would improve the overall quality of the thread.

Forum* Sorry I cant edit my post, cause my iPod's safari quits everytime I try.

Last edited by a moderator:

PatrickJameson

Premium Member
WCA
2007JAME01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I said something like:
I was just wondering how this would improve the overall quality of the thread.

Do you mean forum? Because thread is easy. Less clutter and more quality content.

As for the fourms, people will aspire to be apart of the discussions going on in the private forum. Before applying, some may produce higher quality content in order to ensure they get in. Once in, they'll be kept to a higher standard. Rinse and repeat.

cubersmith

WCA
2011SMIT04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you mean forum? Because thread is easy. Less clutter and more quality content.

As for the fourms, people will aspire to be apart of the discussions going on in the private forum. Before applying, some may produce higher quality content in order to ensure they get in. Once in, they'll be kept to a higher standard. Rinse and repeat.

Yeah I mean forum, I explained that up there ^^ Thanks for the answer.

Last edited:

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Apparently, it's so private, that people have forgotten it's even there ;) All of those tears of rejection dried yet?
Cobwebs...

AustinReed

WCA
2011REED01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For the people saying that mods will only look at the private forum:
The private forum is a slow-paced forum with constructive discussions. I seriously think it'd be very hard to just look at that forum if you're expecting new things to talk about.

I strongly support the private forum. It will provide help for beginners as well as normal members. So what if you're not in it? Just get over it and start making constructive posts yourself.

Sorry if that was established before, I just had to say that when I read this thread. :p

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
No matter if you're in the Private Forum or aspire to be there, the ultimate goal of the forum is to promote healthy discussion between members about quality ideas and interesting topics. It's a social experiment and medium that, when exposed to timeless ignorance (without aspiration to learn independently) or egocentricity (myself included) or just plain idiocy (myself included once again), cannot be good enough to function to serve its purpose, let alone progress and prosper.

Just my two bits.

nickcolley

WCA
2011COLL04
No matter if you're in the Private Forum or aspire to be there, the ultimate goal of the forum is to promote healthy discussion between members about quality ideas and interesting topics. It's a social experiment and medium that, when exposed to timeless ignorance (without aspiration to learn independently) or egocentricity (myself included) or just plain idiocy (myself included once again), cannot be good enough to function to serve its purpose, let alone progress and prosper.

Just my two bits.

Brevity is the soul of wit. If you typed everything like that you're worse than the people who just post fluff.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just remembered the private forum... half a year after this 251 posts debate of how bad it is because all the cool people will abandon the rest of the forum, the entire private forum has 85 posts. Like... one third of this thread. Lol.

aaronb

I just remembered the private forum... half a year after this 251 posts debate of how bad it is because all the cool people will abandon the rest of the forum, the entire private forum has 85 posts. Like... one third of this thread. Lol.

Agreed, but:
"Threads: 15
Much more than 85 posts.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Perhaps not, but is it serving a valuable purpose? Is it serving the purpose for which it was originally intended? Or is it just adding clutter to the screen?

I'm not saying it isn't serving it's purpose, just worth pondering those questions.