• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel

TheCoolMinxer

WCA
2014GERB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a SS 4x4 and 5x5, both aren't in use anymore. Since there are summer holidays for me now, I have quite a lot of free time :) What mods can you recommend doing? I don't have a lot of experiences with modding, so which puzzles are easy and fun to make?

Tools I have are: dremel, sandpaper, hacksaw, file, (spray paint?)

So as the title states I would like to get started 3D printing puzzles and eventually start designing some, but first I need a 3D printer and the materials. Does anyone have good suggestions for a reliable 3D printer and what sort of plastics I should use? Any help and/or suggestions would be nice :)

Tony Fisher

YouTube
Visit Channel
Best to use a service like Shapeways or I.materalise since the quality is far higher. As far as I know even Oskar van Deventer doesn't have a printer.

Cl3ver Cubing

Hello.
I am a beginner cube modder from Sweden, and there is only one major cube shop here.

I am interested in making a 5x5 barrel modification, I looked around on YouTube and figured out that people use the Shengshou 5x5 for this mod. Only problem is that my local cube shop doesn’t sell that puzzle.

I was wondering if the Cyclone Boys works instead? Or if not, what other 5x5 could work except the YJ?

Thanks!

MEF227

I was wondering what 3x3s are the best for making mods. I want to make a barrel mod. I have a QiYi Thunderclap that I am considering using but I have heard that the QiYi Sail is a good puzzle for mods. The issue is I can't find a sticker set for the QiYi sail on thecubicle. I have not made mods before so any help is appreciated!

Rafaello

WCA
2019SADE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
(Not sure if it's good thread for this question)
What are great projects to start modding? I want to start with something easy, without 3D printed extensions etc. I thought that I may do some Siamense Cubes, Fused cubes and (maybe) Square-0.