Which timer do you use for your iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Speedcubing Discussion' started by 4EverCuber, Apr 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. 4EverCuber

4EverCuber Member

May 8, 2011
    Montreal, Canada
    WCA:
    2012WATA02
    YouTube:
    4evercuber
    I was using CubeTimer by Ingeneroapps after I saw Cameron Brown promoting it. But I found it to be quite buggy at the time and so I sought out other apps. None seemed to have the features i was looking for as until I stumbled upon iiTimer by Dan Cohen. I haven't looked back since. I know that CubeTimer has had an update recently but I still like the UI of iiTimer that I can't see myself going back.

Just wanted to know what others were using?

2. RNewms27

RNewms27 Member

Jul 31, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    YouTube:
    Rnewms0
  3. mdolszak

mdolszak Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    YouTube:
    Skewber
    iiTimer as well.

4. cubeone

cubeone Member

Feb 1, 2012
    My House
    sc timer. I don't have iiTimer and it does seem better, however, I'm pretty sure sc timer is free and for the low cost of nothing, it sure has a lot of good features.

5. RaresB

RaresB Premium Member

May 8, 2010
    Canada
    WCA:
    2011BOST01
    YouTube:
    manga0wns
    well iitimer, which i originally pirated, until i met dan, then i actually paid for it cause he was a nice guy

6. drewsopchak

drewsopchak Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Central Upstate New York
    WCA:
    2010SOPC01
    YouTube:
    sebucwerd
    IItimer. Best one. The choice is clear. Hands down. End of question. No debate.

7. masterofthebass

masterofthebass Premium Member

May 13, 2007
    Denver, CO
    WCA:
    2007COHE01
    YouTube:
    masterofthebass
    Too bad the pirated version is quite old and is full of nasty bugs that I fixed :p

8. Rpotts

Rpotts Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Topikachu, KS
    WCA:
    2010POTT01
    YouTube:
    rpotts1
    iiTimer. One of only two apps I've felt the need to spend money on. :p

9. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

iiTimer. Not perfect, but at least true to BBEdit's slogan.

10. Cheese11

Cheese11 Member

iiTimer. Or the Speedstacks one. But that's just when I solve in public, it looks nicer and often people think the scramble is instructions on how to solve it.

11. Andreaillest

Andreaillest Premium Member

Jul 10, 2008
    SoCal
    WCA:
    2012PANY02
    YouTube:
    xAsianRejectx
    iitimer. Easy to use and gets the job done. Haven't had a problem with it at all.

12. RaresB

RaresB Premium Member

May 8, 2010
    Canada
    WCA:
    2011BOST01
    YouTube:
    manga0wns
    i pirated it, but as i said you were a nice guy and its like 1.99 or something and as a developer i know that it takes some time to make these, especially with apples standards, so yea i PAID FOR IT IN THE END :) which is what matter

13. JonnyWhoopes

JonnyWhoopes Premium Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    WCA:
    2011GRAY02
    YouTube:
    JonnyWhoopes
    iiTimer. The only app I've ever bought.

14. IngeneroiOS

IngeneroiOS Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Wellington, New Zealand
    YouTube:
    ingeneroios
    Gee, thanks all for the huge support. If CubeTimer were quite buggy, give it a try again; hopefully all the issues have been fixed, and there are a few new features you may like. Also, UI wise - if you like the plain black and white of iiTimer, you can set the background colour and buttons to black in the in-app settings - the end result is quite close. Plus, CubeTimer has a fair few extra features over and above iiTimer. If I may ask without seeming rude, what attracted you (initial poster) to iiTimer over CubeTimer? Sorry, Mr. Cohen, just trying to make a great app - competition is healthy.

15. masterofthebass

masterofthebass Premium Member

May 13, 2007
    Denver, CO
    WCA:
    2007COHE01
    YouTube:
    masterofthebass
    No harm, no foul. I just made iiTimer originally for myself because there wasn't an app on the iPad that worked the way I'd want to use it. Each person has their own preference, and I'm sure there plenty of better ideas that could be implemented into an iOS timer that another developer could put out there.

16. IngeneroiOS

IngeneroiOS Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Wellington, New Zealand
    YouTube:
    ingeneroios
    Similar thing with myself actually - a friend wanted a cube timer, and couldn't find any decent ones on the App Store (iiTimer didn't show up; you may want to look at what keywords you have for search). Eventually, it gathered enough features that I thought I may as well release it, and I've basically added features from there (I'm particularly proud of the iPad version, which was a nightmare to code. Handling all cancelled UITouches... painful when they don't behave).

17. tx789

tx789 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    New Zealand
    WCA:
    2010HUNT02
    YouTube:
    thetx789
    iitimer for my ipod touch before I lost it at NZ Combined Events 2012 (Athlectics(I did a Octathlon and was the yougest)

18. Sarahjdes

Sarahjdes Member

iiTimer

Still using the Lite version since I pretty much only time myself with my 3x3x3, but I'll probably end up buying it. Love this app!