• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Which Cube Should I Get? Up To Date Recommendations

Jozo_Berk

Updated November, 2018 - If you suggest any changes to these recommendations, please comment below which your recommendation and reason for the change. These suggestions are for the community and by the community, so please help keep these suggestions up to date by replying here with changes.
---------------------

Budget - Dirt Cheap Cubes only
Great - Pretty good and you won't have to sell your house
Expert - The best cube on the market

Recommended 2x2x2:
  • Budget: QiYi QiDi S 2x2 - $4.99
  • Great: MGC 2x2 - $9.99
  • Expert: Angstrom Weipo M - $35.99

Recommended 3x3x3:
  • Budget: Yuxin Little Magic - $4.99 or MoFang JiaoShi MF3RS2 3x3 - $7.95
  • Great: YJ MGC 3x3 - $14.99
  • Expert: Moyu Weilong GTS 3 M - $34.99 or Gan 354 M - $39.99 or GAN 356 X - $61.95

Recommended 4x4x4:
  • Budget: QiYi Thunderclap Mini 4x4 - $12.95
  • Great: Qiyi Mini Wuque M - $31.95
  • Expert: Angstrom WuQue M 4x4 - $69.99 or MoYu AoSu 4x4 GTS2 M - $44.99

Recommended 5x5x5:
  • Budget: YuXin Cloud 5x5 - $5.49
  • Great: YuXin 5x5 - $13.99
  • Expert: Cubicle WuShuang M 5x5 - $64.99 or MoYu AoChuang 5x5 GTS M - $39.99

Recommended 6x6x6:
  • Budget: Cyclone Boys G6 - $19.95 or YuXin Little Magic 6x6 - $14.95
  • Great: Shadow M - $49.95
  • Expert: Shadow M - $49.95

Recommended 7x7x7:
  • Budget: MoFang JiaoShi MF7S 7x7 - $19.99 or QiYi QiXing 7x7 - $14.95
  • Great: Yuxin Hays 7 - $49.95
  • Expert: Yuxin Hays 7 M - $54.95

Recommended Megaminx:
  • Budget: Qiyi Qiheng - $7.95
  • Great: X-Man Galaxy Megaminx V2 (Sculpted) - $19.99
  • Expert: X Man Galaxy v2 M - $29.99

Recommended Skewb:
  • Budget: QiYi QiCheng Skewb - $7.50
  • Great: X Man Wingy Skewb - $13.99
  • Expert: X Man Wingy Skewb - $13.99

Recommended Clock:
  • Budget: Lingao Clock - $9.95
  • Great: Lingao Clock - $9.95
  • Expert: Lingao Clock - $9.95
Recommended Pyraminx:
  • Budget: QiYi QiMing Pyraminx - $7.99
  • Great: MoYu Magnetic Pyraminx - $13.99
  • Expert: X-Man Bell Magnetic Pyraminx - $14.50
Recommended Square-1:
  • Budget: Qiyi Qifa S - $6.99
  • Great: X-Man Volt - $13.99
  • Expert: Cubicle Labs X-Man Volt $59.99
-------
There are many places to buy puzzles, and depending on what country you live in, shipping will be cheaper. Below is a list of stores to consider:
I know the Valk2 just came out, and I bought it, but I'm not the best person to rate it. Can someone who has some experience with this tell me what the good qualities are and if I got the right one?

I ordered the QiYi Wugi 7x7.. at first I thought it was one of the better 7x7s but I'm wondering if I should return it and get something else instead? Would I be better off with the Yuanlong or the QiXing? Any advice would be great. It's probably the only 7x7 I'll but for a long time. What are the differences?

As far as 5x5 should I go with the regular Yuxin or the Yuxin cloud?

Thanks

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I ordered the QiYi Wugi 7x7.. at first I thought it was one of the better 7x7s but I'm wondering if I should return it and get something else instead? Would I be better off with the Yuanlong or the QiXing? Any advice would be great. It's probably the only 7x7 I'll but for a long time. What are the differences?

Thanks
Wuji was one of the best 7x7s out there until the Hays7 came out, as I understand. The Huanglong is also supposed to be good. I think the Qixing is a budget 7x7, probably better than anything available 5 years ago, but not on par with the Wuji or Huanglong, let alone the apparently really nice new ones (that I haven’t tried yet), the Hays and the Spark.

5x5 I haven’t tried the Cloud, I’ve heard good things, I am a huge fan of the original Yuxin 5x5 though, especially with strong magnets.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel

Thanks
The Hays 7M is much better than the wuji and from what I have heard the spark and the aofu gtsm are just as good if not better. For 5x5, I think he aochuang gtsm is better than any yuxin 5x5

The Hays 7M is much better than the wuji and from what I have heard the spark and the aofu gtsm are just as good if not better. For 5x5, I think he aochuang gtsm is better than any yuxin 5x5

Yea I see that the Hays is the best but I am trying to stay in the $20-$25 range. Out of these 4 what would you recommend and why? I am pretty new to cubing in general and this is the only 7x7 I plan to buy..for a long time anyway. Thanks

Qiyi WuGi - $20 (normally $45)
Yuxin Huanglong - $20
MoFang JiaoShi MF7S - $20
QiYi Qixing - $15.99

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yea I see that the Hays is the best but I am trying to stay in the $20-$25 range. Out of these 4 what would you recommend and why? I am pretty new to cubing in general and this is the only 7x7 I plan to buy..for a long time anyway. Thanks

Qiyi WuGi - $20 (normally $45)
Yuxin Huanglong - $20
MoFang JiaoShi MF7S - $20
QiYi Qixing - $15.99
Sadly, 7x7 is unlike 3x3 in that whichever one you buy, you will feel let down by it eventually if you have to get a job magnetic one in that price range.

Sadly, 7x7 is unlike 3x3 in that whichever one you buy, you will feel let down by it eventually if you have to get a job magnetic one in that price range.
I have money just don't wanna spend that much on a cube. It's just a hobby I wouldn't say I'm extremely into speed solving or anything. Out of the ones I mentioned what would be best? or what would be best for under $30

RamenNoodles

WCA
2018WANR04
YouTube
Visit Channel
For 5 by 5 you could do that new Yuxin Little magic 5 by 5 m for great costs: $16.99. Link:https://www.thecubicle.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/yuxin-little-magic-5x5-m
For 3 by 5 great you could change to the Yuxin KylinV2 m costs: $9.99. Link: https://www.thecubicle.com/products/yuxin-kylin-3x3-v2-m
For 3by 3 expert you could change to Gan 356 x costs $56.99: https://www.thecubicle.com/products/gan356-x-ipg-v5

I've never used a magnetic cube at all before. Would you say the Little Magic 5x5 is better than the Yuxin Cloud? From what I read everyone says the Cloud is the best budget 5x5 but the price difference is not much at all if the Little Magic is that much better. Thanks!!

Awesomesaucer

WCA
2018BALA27
I've never used a magnetic cube at all before. Would you say the Little Magic 5x5 is better than the Yuxin Cloud? From what I read everyone says the Cloud is the best budget 5x5 but the price difference is not much at all if the Little Magic is that much better. Thanks!!

Well, the Yuxin Little Magic M 5x5 just came out so i think it will be a great budget 5x5 once some people try it and it gets out to the community, but you never know.

RamenNoodles

WCA
2018WANR04
YouTube
Visit Channel
The magnetic 5 by5 yuxin just released is good. I think in my opinion better than the cloud.

tomahawker314

I'm considering the shadow m or aoshi m, or is it worth waiting for the fabled hays 6 whenever that may be as I know 6x6 hardware is still pretty poor. (I only have a modified vcube 6 from wayyyy back, but have restarted cubing after many years and have focused on 3-5 so far)

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm considering the shadow m or aoshi m, or is it worth waiting for the fabled hays 6 whenever that may be as I know 6x6 hardware is still pretty poor. (I only have a modified vcube 6 from wayyyy back, but have restarted cubing after many years and have focused on 3-5 so far)
Nothings been announced anywhere about a Hays 6, it could be a long time before it's released. No point waiting for a cube that doesn't exist.