Where do you store your puzzles and puzzle maintenance stuff?

Discussion in 'Hardware Area' started by maderito, Mar 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. maderito

maderito Member

Oct 28, 2011
    New Haven, CT
    Can you share what you use (if anything) for storing puzzles and related stuff used for puzzle maintenance. Right now, I'm using random desk drawers and my computing desktop.

2. unirox13

unirox13 Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Ive got a nice plexiglass shelf that I made to store all of my puzzles on. Right now it holds about 30 of them. I'm in need of a new shelf or an addition to this one though. My collection has grown to about 38 at the moment with more on the way. The ones that don't fit onto the plexiglass shelf I have displayed on a small wooden shelf beside it.

I use my desk drawer for tools and Traxxas. I have 3 small red plastic, lock together containers that I use for parts. One has stickers, one screws, springs and cores, and the last has misc. leftover parts.

3. applemobile

applemobile Member

Jan 8, 2012
    exeter uk
    Stacked up in a pile on my front room floor. All tools and lube are dotted around the house in various draws. I also keep a cube by the toilet. True story.

4. maderito

maderito Member

Oct 28, 2011
    New Haven, CT
    We could put up pole on that one - surely a majority of the truly dedicated :)

5. hyunchoi98

hyunchoi98 Member

Nov 7, 2009
    WCA:
    2012CHOI04
    YouTube:
    hyunchoi98
    most of my puzzles + CRC lube is kept in a cardboard box in the dining room, some of them are on the desk i'm typing on right now.

6. insane569

insane569 Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    WCA:
    2011LUEV01
    YouTube:
    insane569
    All are almost always on my desk scattered around. Or at the moment 3 of my 3x3s are in my locker at school. But mostly on my desk.

7. iEnjoyCubing

iEnjoyCubing Member

May 27, 2011
    Indiana
    WCA:
    2011VALL01
    I have two different drawers for puzzles/lube/etc, and I also keep a few that I use everyday on my desk. One drawer has puzzles I more frequently use, and the other has broken/bad puzzles.

8. emolover

emolover Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    WCA:
    2009MAHO01
    YouTube:
    jak343434
    Most of them I keep in a plastic box along with my stickers, I also have some scattered around the house, I always have a few in my bag, and I keep my lube, moding knife, sandpaper and miliput on a shelf that is 6 inches above and 2 feet away from me.

9. BrainOfSweden

BrainOfSweden Premium Member

All my puzzles are standing on my table, except my broken Rubiks that has a special place on a shelf. Lube and screwdrivers are in a locker together with vacuum cleaner, other tools, medicines and stuff like that. Spare parts and stickers are in the awesome DC Comics box that my Batman Converse shoes came in :p

10. Specs112

Specs112 Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Ithaca, NY
    WCA:
    2011ANDE03
    I have no organization whatsoever. It's just scattered around my room at random. However, I seem to be able to find anything except for my timer.

11. Sahid Velji

Sahid Velji Member

Jul 5, 2009
    WCA:
    2008VELJ01
    YouTube:
    sv00013
    My desk holds my Rubik's brand and my stackmat bag, which has various items in it. (Timer, stickers, blindfold, screwdriver, batteries (for my timer) and those competition name tags.) My other puzzles are right next to my chair, in a plastic Walmart bag, all layed out nicely, they're not stacked on top of each other. Also on my desk, I have a Guhong and a Lingyun in their respective boxes next to my stackmat bag.

12. MostEd

MostEd Member

May 21, 2011
    St. Petersburg Russia
    WCA:
    2012BETA01
    YouTube:
    MostED13
    i have a drawer for cubes stickers, sandpaper, and i keep several for show on my shelf

13. Eleredo

Eleredo Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Belgium
    Just on my desk. I only have 16 puzzles so that's okay. I just have enough space now though so if I buy anymore cubes I'll have to find another place for them. As for tools; screwdriver under my keyboard and a can of silicon spray on my desk as well.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  14. Sarahjdes

Sarahjdes Member

They're all on my headboard, which is like a shelf.

But I keep my screwdriver, stickers and lube in a box in a closet.

15. I don't have many puzzles, so I keep em in a small drawer which should have been used for fine china because it is padded, but I use it because it is close to our living room computer.

16. balloon6610

balloon6610 Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I only have just one 3x3 rubik's cube so i place take it with me everywhere :p For CRC and screwdriver i place it near my computer with my cube so i can solve it anytime when i use a computer :p

17. On a shelf that I have in my room.

18. Jaycee

Jaycee Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Crestwood, Illinois
    YouTube:
    Jayceeblaster
    I keep all my cubes on the desk for the computer which is mine 90% of the time. That's all my puzzles (will be a total of 9 when my package from the Cubicle arrives) and my blindfold.

19. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Premium Member

Dec 31, 2011
    England
    YouTube:
    ThomasJECubing
    My mains are in a corner on the settee by where I put my laptop when I use it; my old Rubik's storebought and my broken Meffert's pyraminx on my desk, and the old toothbrush I use to clean my Zhanchi is usually kept in my pen drawer.

20. Ickenicke

Ickenicke Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Sweden
    YouTube:
    NickeCubing
    I am having my cubes everywhere:)