• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What's the corrolation between 2H times and OH times?

WCA
2009ENGE01
YouTube
Engel II
Thread starter #1
Hi guys,

This has been buggibg me for a while, and I couldn't find much info on it on the forums.
How does the corrolation between 2H and OH work?
Say you increase 2H by 2 seconds, will the same happen to your OH times and vice versa?
My current times for 2H/OH are 16/22 seconds.
Is it possible for me to get faster at OH at this point, or do I need to increase my 2H times?

Cheers,
Engel

Theoretically you should be able to solve a cube OH as fast as you can solve it 2H, but your OH turning speed is the limiting factor in this instance. So if you want to get faster at OH at this point without getting faster at 2H, just work on OH turning speed (this is assuming you know your OH algs just as well as your 2H algs).

To answer your other question: Improvement in 2H will probably improve your OH by a lot, but improvement in OH probably won't improve your 2H by much. This is because improvement in OH is due to better turning technique, turning speed, and various other things 2H doesn't really include. In OH you will be able to lookahead better than you will be able to during your 2H solves because you simply turn slower OH than you would 2H.

Last edited:
WCA
2009ENGE01
YouTube
Engel II
Thread starter #3
Theoretically you should be able to solve a cube OH as fast as you can solve it 2H, but your OH turning speed is the limiting factor in this instance. So if you want to get faster at OH at this point without getting faster at 2H, just work on OH turning speed (this is assuming you know your OH algs just as well as your 2H algs).

To answer your other question: Improvement in 2H will probably improve your OH by a lot, but improvement in OH probably won't improve your 2H by much. This is because improvement in OH is due to better turning technique, turning speed, and various other things 2H doesn't really include. In OH you will be able to lookahead better than you will be able to during your 2H solves because you simply turn slower OH than you would 2H.
Makes sense - thanks for the reply. :)