• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What memory sports do you do to practice for BLD?

williamwhizz

WCA
2014RENW01
None. I also think "reading" letter pairs off a scrambled cube fast while simultaneously memorising it is kind of a skill in itself, and something memory programmes can't provide as they give you all the information on a metaphorical silver platter :p
I'm pretty sure all world class BLDers have managed to hone and master this skill. Pretty amazing.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The website memoryleague.com is quite useful.
Sadly, it is quite inactive when it comes to competing.
The words section in it can resemble a BLD memorization process and Alex Mullen holds the site record in it with a score of 50 words memorized in 49.19 sec. The limits of this challenge are 60 seconds and 50 words at max.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Bumping this thread to shamelessly promote my recent creation: bestsiteever.ru/memory.

I couldn't find any good memory sports simulator/trainer that I can quickly use on mobile, so I've made my own.
Good job Roman, M' U' R S' R' U M E!

I had been using the memotools for over 2 years, and it has helped me get cognitively better with using letter quads.

I hope to use your new tool as well.

Also loved your 4BLD on the BMX backwards, M' D' M U L S' L' S U' M' D M!

D

Deleted member 54663

I use humanbenchmark.com tests all the time. My favorite is the chimp test(94th percentile).