• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the major problem of your country?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I saw this topic on another forum, and since this forum is pretty spread out internationally, I figured I'd ask here.

What is the major problem of your country?

I'm in America (USA), and I think our biggest problem now is resolving the war issue, then slowing the burning of fossil fuels .

F

FU

Singapore.

i'd have to say, the over emphasis on academic abilities in the education system, the fast pace of life (although it is a key to sustainable economic development), and the lack of grace in many (eg. rushing for seats in trains and buses, cutting queues isn't rare)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lotsofsloths

WCA
2007SAHA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm in America (USA), and I think our biggest problem now is resolving the war issue, then slowing the burning of fossil fuels .
I'd have to agree about the war, and the government doesn't want to cut fossil fuels, for the say it will ruin the economy, but, as you said before; thats not a big issue at the moment.

ExoCorsair

WCA
2007CHOI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Imperialistic government, weak & corrupt officials, crap educational system, ignorant/apathetic public, and Social Security. The war is bad too, but that's a result of the above.

CorwinShiu

I'd have to agree about the war, and the government doesn't want to cut fossil fuels, for the say it will ruin the economy, but, as you said before; thats not a big issue at the moment.

After the war, I would say our economy. The dollar is dropping like crazy. Also, obesity is a pretty big problem; but that goes for almost every country.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
New Zealand.... I would say the pro-liberal government, although that may just be because I'm conservative, but let us be honest, we no longer have jails, we instead have "corrections-facilities", we have NO RIGHT to punish mis-behavours, only to tell them what they did wrong, which results in a lot of teenagers who think they can get away with anything - and do (in terms of education/smoking/drugs/sex/suicide etc etc). I could go on, but I won't (I'm also a teenager btw, and I cannot wait to rid my self of such a demeaning title).

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that most people are not enjoying life enough, but they seem to think they have the right to be happier. So they blame work, responsibilities, politics, traphic or whatever because those are problems they cannot solve by themselves.

Fact: Most countries are very good places to live in right now, have been for a long time, and will be for a long time. So just enjoy it and make it a little better by fixing the small problems you can.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fact: Most countries are very good places to live in right now, have been for a long time, and will be for a long time. So just enjoy it and make it a little better by fixing the small problems you can.

I don't feel like getting into a debate, but I think you're overlooking the basic fact that around 27% of the world's population live in extreme poverty (that is, those who don't earn an equivalent of US$1 a day). You see, when you say "good", you are being far too ambiguous, but like I said, I don't feel like debating :rolleyes: . If you want to really get into it, I recommend books on Political Philosophy (Locke/Hobbes/Rawls etc.) Happy philosophizing!:)

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel

I don't feel like getting into a debate, but I think you're overlooking the basic fact that around 27% of the world's population live in extreme poverty (that is, those who don't earn an equivalent of US$1 a day). You see, when you say "good", you are being far too ambiguous, but like I said, I don't feel like debating :rolleyes: . If you want to really get into it, I recommend books on Political Philosophy (Locke/Hobbes/Rawls etc.) Happy philosophizing!:)

Yes but how many of those people included in the 27% don't even have a proper concept of what money actually is? I'm always a little skeptical about statistics like that, which get thrown around without any proper description of what they actually represent, and who they include...
like yesterday I read on an ad that like 50% of children in Canada have trouble reading... What exactly does something like that mean, and how outrageous does that sound?

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah yes, I like the way you think. That is exactly correct, but the idea was mainly to show that the world perhaps isn't such a great place. I mean one only has to look at Zimbabwe to see chaos in its most extreme form.