• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the difference between the top cubers?

Speedysolver

YouTube
Visit Channel
SRY for my english )
I have seen a lot solves from feliks,mats and collin theii are really fast and they also do practice really lot.But i cant quiet understand why feliks is allthogh is always faster. Is his lookahead better? Or does he kwow more helpful algs or somthing else.
So what really does feliks better than others?:D:D:D:D:D:D
Its just only intersting me cause sometimes if i watch some new competition viedeos i already knwo that feliks will take the 1st its boring!!!:p

aie

YouTube
Visit Channel
You can study it from their vids in a way. If you play Feliks' home solves on 0.25 speed, you can see the little differences between his and your solves, especially his finger tricks. Have a look at how often he uses his left pointer finger to do a U move. In other words, that one example leads to a neutral grip on the cube after the U is performed. For roux, Alex has a whole thing going on about regrips greatly influencing his style of execution.

Kudz

well he predicts OLL and for PLL its pretty easy to narrow it down to 2-3 cases if you recognize CP

From CP you can predict, which swap it will be it will be: no swap, adjacent swap or opposite swap. So there are 4 adjacent swap PLL, and 5 no sawp PLLs.
Opposite group of PLLs is 12 algs, you can predict where the headlights will be, using CP.not which PLL it will be.

If you use CP+EP reco in OLL, than you will be able to reduce number of cases. And it depends how accurate EP reco you do. With full EP reco you can reduce it to less cases (to 3 but reco sucks much XD) or you can use this type of EP reco, which Jay proposed, which will reduce it less, but reco is better.

Overall you can't get that big knowledge as you said knowing only CP.