• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the 3x3 that sounds best to your ears?

Kalius

Hi,

This might be a bizarre question, but I would like to know your opinions on what would be the cube that produces a satisfying sound when turning it (not that I'm going to make my living creating ASMR videos or something :p), just for relaxing and chilling while solving it, regardless of the speed, smoothness, number of lock-ups, noise, or how old this cube can be.

I recently got a Dayan V Zhanchi and I absolutely love the crispy sound, much better than any Moyu I have. I've seen the YJ MGC (on videos) and sounds good as well.

Which one would you choose?

Best Regards,
Kalius

willi pilz

My favorite sound out of all cubes is the original Weilong. V1 or V2. It has a really nice deep sound.

willi pilz

Nr.2 probably every hollow cube ever, I'm a big fan of the sound and feel of hollow cubes, like the hualong, the liying, the yueying, the meiying, and the yuexiao. no, actually Nr.2 is the Yuexiao. :)

Jupilogy

YouTube
Visit Channel
The maru cx3 is very loud and I love listening to it. It's more high-pitched than most cubes, and it feels more satisfying when you corner cut a bit because you feel it snap into place rather than just gently sliding like most cubes.

Hazel

Premium Member
The new YJ MGC has a nice unique feeling that gives a nice sound, it sounds somehow like a mixture of hollow and heavy, the sound reminds me a bit of a Cong's Design YueYing but the MGC sounds better still.

Kalius

Nice, thanks for the responses guys :)

I got an eye on the Guhong v2 (strengthened version) with stickers. Does anybody who has it love the sound of it? It's not expensive at all, I was thinking about getting one!

rawkhopper

My GTS2 that I magnetized with cubicle brand strong magnets sounds so satisfying. It really reminds me of a typewriter yet different.

Sion

I love the more baritone sounding cubes. I absolutely love the sounds of the YJ MGC and the OG Weilong V1.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The soft tones of a thickly lubed GAN Air

The deep resonance of a Mini Weilong v2

The bubbly crunches of a really old Thunderclap v1

I don't know how much of this is association of sound with turning, or straight sound. It's kinda hard to distinguish.