• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What does your username mean?

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
there is a smiths song "How Soon Is Now?"

It's on a great album called meat is murder
MeatMurder.jpg

I'm not going to explain what sune is, but you should be able to get the avatar now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edmund

WCA
2008ROTH03
there is a smiths song "How Soon Is Now?"

It's on a great album called meat is murder
MeatMurder.jpg

I'm not going to explain what sune is, but you should be able to get the avatar now.

Idk about the band but I gotta say the avatar is real cool, after comparing it to this. If you made that, nice job and creativity!

Last edited by a moderator:

HowSuneIsNow

WCA
2009DAVI03
oooh this is the song referenced in killer7 :)
I had to googled this. yes good catch. also some recent pop greoup did an awfull cover of the song. I think they are called tattooo only spelled funny.

Idk about the band but I gotta say the avatar is real cool, after comparing it to this. If you made that, nice job and creativity!

the smiths are one of those very influential bands that never were wildly popular but have a cult following and inspired many bands. Kind of like the velvet underground, kraftwerk, or fugazi. there woudl be no emo today without ian mackaye.

for instance the Killers tour with johnny marr of the smiths and covered a one of morrissey's solo songs.

You know it wouldn't be that hard to become music nerds while cubing just download this **** and listen while you cube. and then you can make mix tapes for cute girls that won't appreciate them.

Sakarie

WCA
2008SKAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My real last name is Skarrie, and when I chose nickname for another forum, where I didn't want my real name, i chose this. Sakarie is no real word, but just my family name a little mixed up.

One reason that I don't want my real name here on this forum, where I don't care if I'm anonymous, is that I don't want to be judged by the very small thing people might know = my cubingtimes (which probably very few know anyway...). I just wanted to avoid a community where your results decided how "populare" people are. (But it's not much of that, that's not what I'm saying.

If I wanted to be totally anonymous, I wouldn't have linked to my WCA-score.

Micael

Premium Member
WCA
2009BOUL03
YouTube
Visit Channel
It means I am Micaël. I would have put my surname too, but looks like it's not possible now. I am going to put an actual picture of me soon. I respect every body here using weird or anomynous username, but it is not "my thing".

Arvid, it is quite easy to know your "cubingtimes" (and your real name as well) thanks to your WCA Profile.

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I originally used littlefollower for everything because i signed up for xbox live "the old one" and that was one of the suggestions. I made a youtube with that name and i did an error or something so i had to make a new one. Littlefollower was still taken so i had to had a number. Littlefollower4 was born. I made non-cubing related videos, then i got into cubing and put cubing videos onto "MachangaProduction". Machanga was an inside joke with some friends... Then those 2 mysterious got deleted so i had to get a new one. TheMachanga was one of the suggestions. Now i use that for everything.

ThePuzzler96

WCA
2009THUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I chose mine when I was starting my youtube channel about a year ago. I wanted to be ThePuzzler, but some noob made that account and then deleted it, so you still can't get it :( But I was born in 96, so I became ThePuzzler96. On speedsolving, my first name was RDT96, which is just my initials, and 96 again. But I stopped using that and made a "ThePuzzler96" on this website because that's what everyone already knew me by from youtube.

Tiersy

YouTube
Visit Channel
Tiersy pronounced tier-zee. The short version of story... Tiersy is an evolution of T.ist, this is in turn is an evolution of the American way of pronouncing the name"Mathias". I'm not called Mathias though, that came about because friends thought I looked like Mathias Ringstrom once after i'd had my hair cut. Tiersy iis also my nickname in real life and has been so for at least 8 years... weird how these things come about.

Last edited: