• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What do you say to people claiming the Rubik's cube is easy?

aspetuck

So I solve my 3x3x3 constantly at school. People are constantly claiming it's "easy". None of them have managed to solve the 2x2x2 yet. But this one kid who obviously doesn't know how but insists he can. He claims it's easy because I just have "to repeat some patterns". What do you say in these situations?

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I solve my 3x3x3 constantly at school. People are constantly claiming it's "easy". None of them have managed to solve the 2x2x2 yet. But this one kid who obviously doesn't know how but insists he can. He claims it's easy because I just have "to repeat some patterns". What do you say in these situations?

Tell him to do it. Hand him a 2x2 with a Y perm.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Call them stupid because it's easy and they can't even do it.

^ this.

Tbh, solving a Rubik's cube is easy. Especially using Fridrich.

So if someone tells you it's easy then they're correct.

The issue is really one of dedication both to learn and to practice. Anyone could learn a beginner's method, that bit IS easy. But not everyone has the dedication and commitment to learn a speedsolving method and practice it until they are sub-xx. THAT is the 'hard' bit. Well... maybe the 'not easy' bit at least!?

McMitch

When I learned the beginners method, I thought it was easy. People would say "Wow you must be really clever" and I told them I am just memorizing algorithms. But now I have learnt 4LLL and looking into the practice techniques that fast people use, it is actually rather hard. Visualizing and stuff.

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
When I learned the beginners method, I thought it was easy. People would say "Wow you must be really clever" and I told them I am just memorizing algorithms. But now I have learnt 4LLL and looking into the practice techniques that fast people use, it is actually rather hard. Visualizing and stuff.

It becomes easier with practice, just like the beginner's method has for you now. You'll get to a stage where you're using 2/3LLL and not even having to think about the algs, and your F2L is almost automatic. There's very little thought process required at all.

brian724080

Not really. Once you understand that it's pieces and not stickers, it isn't that hard to solve. Unfortunately, most people give up before then...

And commutators, which is significantly harder to figure out