• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Zachary Weeks

I do not own a Gans 354 M, but I have tried several, and so I would say that it is a great cube to get. As far as springs go, I do not know what the best one is, but I do know that it can vary by person as to which springs they like best, so I would recommend that you try a few different ones out and see what you prefer. And again I do not have the cube, so I do not know much about the springs, but I do know that the cube is really good.

Thank you, I have a gan air from about a year and a half ago and the spring system is supposed to be different. I never liked the air because of its lock ups but I have heard that gan has moved up a lot

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results

Foreright

I saw that this thread is good for asking questions about new cubes, so I have 1 . Is the Gan 354m good or not, and what nuts are best on it

The 354m is a bit of a “marmite” cube - I really like it but then I quite like cubes to be a little flexible. I tried all the nuts and ended up using the stock blue ones at the default tension. I did have to lube the underside of the nuts to eliminate spring noise but it is good in my opinion for what it’s worth!

hero2002

Best budget speed cube?
First of all i am average speed cuber and i need new cube i have some Chinese cube thats hold me back
second i am from syria so every cube i will buy will double price or 10% more
I am thinking about YJ mgc and mf3rs2?
is there is anything better?
and thanks on advance

hero2002

i know that but what i have is torture to me because its to slow and bad
and what your main cube?
edit: do you know anything about YJ MGC and from what i see its good ?

teh yoshi

YJ MGC is excellent, and you should get that if you want a magnetized cube to use right away.

More budget, but also excellent options are the YuXin Little Magic and MoYu MF3RS2. They are practically polar opposites of each other, with the Little Magic being fast and unstable and the MF3RS2 being slower but controllable. They require a bit more effort to get them set up, and they are worth magnetizing if you can do that yourself. There are many tutorials on YouTube for those cubes if you ever need any help.

hero2002

THANKS guys and I realy appreciate fast reply and i decide to get 3 cubes
: yuxin little magic
mf3rs2
yj mgc
so i can try everything and thanks one more time

Space

Well I did some research before but there is no comparison between Moyu Weipo and YJ Yupo. There are some introduction but not compare.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Im a new member of speedsolving and Im using a 2x2 with bad notations. It is easy to pop , and its not smooth.

Since the reason, I am slow on solving so I wanted to buy a cheap and smooth 2x2 cube. I do some research and I found two cubes, which are Moyu Weipo and YJ Yupo.

I saw many reviews but I think they two are good. So, which cube is better and why?

Thanks for helping.:)

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Well I did some research before but there is no comparison between Moyu Weipo and YJ Yupo. There are some introduction but not compare.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Im a new member of speedsolving and Im using a 2x2 with bad notations. It is easy to pop , and its not smooth.

Since the reason, I am slow on solving so I wanted to buy a cheap and smooth 2x2 cube. I do some research and I found two cubes, which are Moyu Weipo and YJ Yupo.

I saw many reviews but I think they two are good. So, which cube is better and why?

Thanks for helping.:)
What @WACWCA said is right, in that the Weipo in better then the Yupo. I have the SuperNova Weipo M and I like it a lot, and so I would definitely recommend it. I hare also heard that the new MGC 2x2 is really good as well, but I have not tried it to say for sure what it is like.
But out of the 2 cubes that you are asking about, the Weipo in the best option.

Galcor117

Now this reminds me of my last comp when my weipo broke during finals and I had to use someone’s yupo...

My average did get worse with the yupo but not by much. Obviously, the weipo is far superior (but I’d recommend the YJ MGC 2x2 above all), but the yupo isn’t terrible.

Space

Now this reminds me of my last comp when my weipo broke during finals and I had to use someone’s yupo...

My average did get worse with the yupo but not by much. Obviously, the weipo is far superior (but I’d recommend the YJ MGC 2x2 above all), but the yupo isn’t terrible.

Oh, thanks for your suggestion but may I ask how long you used weipo and how did it broke?

Galcor117

After a year, my weipo kept breaking in one way or another. It could be fixed with superglue, but it was still extremely annoying.

Space

Hey @Galcor117 may I ask how did u think about MGC 2x2? Why is it better?

Galcor117

1. It’s an extremely cheap magnetic 2x2. It’s at the same price as the weipo (I think)
2. Feels like a weipo, except it’s more modern. It has a lighter feel and faster turning.
3. Performance is great.
4. The HyperCoated Version is even better lol jk

But seriously, it’s really good. It would be my main if I had one to actually keep.