• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ophir

what should I do:
1. pay 49$ (which is a lot, but still possible) and get the Cubicle Labs Valk M
2. pay 27$ (which is a good price) and get the Cubicle ProShop Valk
?

Potato Cubing

I just joined back cubing, but lost a lot of cubes in a competition worth $400, and want to start again with a 3x3.
Here are 4 options; All are magnetic.
1. Valk Power M
2. Yuxin Huanglong M
3. Moyu Weilong GTS2 M
4. Gans Air SM
I do not care about price; The cube that I liked the feel most before was the Cong's design Meiying, which was a clacky, smooth, and scratchy cube. I need a cube that is also good without lube.

Thanks

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just joined back cubing, but lost a lot of cubes in a competition worth $400, and want to start again with a 3x3.
Here are 4 options; All are magnetic.
1. Valk Power M
2. Yuxin Huanglong M
3. Moyu Weilong GTS2 M
4. Gans Air SM
I do not care about price; The cube that I liked the feel most before was the Cong's design Meiying, which was a clacky, smooth, and scratchy cube. I need a cube that is also good without lube.

Thanks
I don't have the Huanglong or the Power, but I think the SM fits what you want. What happened at the competition?

Potato Cubing

I don't have the Huanglong or the Power, but I think the SM fits what you want. What happened at the competition?
I lost all cubes, as I put them on a bag and got that on the table, but then it disappeared. The thing was I got all of my good cubes there, and cubes that were broken or was not good, I didn't take there. It made me quit cubing, and join gaming, and I quit gaming 1 week ago, now joining cubing again today.

LightFlame_

The Andromeda Galaxy (Over The Garden Wall)
WCA
2016OCAE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
tl;dr: reccomend me some good (fairly priced) 2-4 cubes please

2x2:

Right now (for my main) I have a new plastic Zhanchi and its good for my turning style, yet now it seems like its getting worse. Can anyone find me a good 2x2 that's like a broken-in NP Zhanchi?
Y: smooth, good corner-cutting, fairly cheap.
N: popping literally every turn, locking up.

3x3:
For my main I have a YanCheng YAN3, and I love it, but I have noticed that it doesn't do what it used to do (if you can understand what that means). I have been eyeing something like the MoYu HuangLong, or the Aolong series (V1 and V2). (~~its okay if it isnt moyu though that was just an example~~)
What cube should I get? (I'm okay with magnetic 3x3s.)
Y: fairly fast, crunchy-crispy (or it could be buttery-smooth both are fine), good price
N: idk

4x4:
Right now I have a YJ Guansu. Nothing else. So.. I don't know what to say here, just tell me of a better cube idk.
Y: good price ofc

Last edited:

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
need 20 cheap but good cubes like sail or something. where to buy them for the best price? I live in germany...

there was a thread a few weeks ago about this, but i couldnt find it...

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
need 20 cheap but good cubes like sail or something. where to buy them for the best price? I live in germany...

there was a thread a few weeks ago about this, but i couldnt find it...
Your best options are either the Yuxin Little Magics or the MF3RS2's. I personally think the Yuxin Little Magics are a little better from what I have tried, but I heard that they also need a little more setting up then the MF3RS2, and they are not as good without magnets as if they had magnets in them.

Both are pretty cheap especially for the quality, and here is a link with the price comparisons for all the different cube stores: http://cubealot.com/3x3
Thanks you @muchacho for this website.

Right now (for my main) I have a new plastic Zhanchi and its good for my turning style, yet now it seems like its getting worse. Can anyone find me a good 2x2 that's like a broken-in NP Zhanchi?
Y: smooth, good corner-cutting, fairly cheap.
N: popping literally every turn, locking up.
For 2x2's I would recommend either the Qiyi Wixia M or the Moyu Weipo M. I think that the Weipo is closer to the NP Dayan, but it has been a while since I tried the NP Dayan that I can not fully remember.

For my main I have a YanCheng YAN3, and I love it, but I have noticed that it doesn't do what it used to do (if you can understand what that means). I have been eyeing something like the MoYu HuangLong, or the Aolong series (V1 and V2). (~~its okay if it isnt moyu though that was just an example~~)
What cube should I get? (I'm okay with magnetic 3x3s.)
Y: fairly fast, crunchy-crispy (or it could be buttery-smooth both are fine), good price
If you want something crunchy/crispy I would recommend the Valk M, YJ MGC, or Yuxin Little Magic, but if you would like a Buttery/smooth feeling 3x3 then the Yuxin HuangLong, Valk Power M, or any of the Gans 3x3 (although they are a bit pricey).

Right now I have a YJ Guansu. Nothing else. So.. I don't know what to say here, just tell me of a better cube idk.
Y: good price ofc
Your top options for 4x4 are the, Moyu Aosu GTS M or non M, Qiyi Wuque M or non M, Qiyi Thunderclap M or non M (lower then the first two though) or the new Gans 460 M or non M (although again it is more pricey then the others options).