[Help Thread] "What cube should I get?" The Puzzle Choice Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware Area' started by daniel0731ex, Apr 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Sandro Pastor

Sandro Pastor Member

Oct 1, 2017
    It's what I was thinking. I saw on a YouTube video that the TangPo was the same as the LingPo so yeah, might get LingPo simply because it's a bit cheaper. But I'll not get them now I think so yeah

2. WACWCA

WACWCA Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Maryland
    WCA:
    2012CALL01
    YouTube:
    Will Callan
  3. Sandro Pastor

Sandro Pastor Member

Oct 1, 2017
    It's the only one I found that ships with pay on deliever

4. The Torrent

The Torrent Member

Oct 4, 2017
    England
    Anyone know where I can get a MF3RS2 from in the U.K., ideally stickerless.

Also, is there much difference between the MF3RS2 and the MF3RS, because all I can find on eBay is the MF3RS??

5. Cubister

Cubister Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Germany
    You might want to check out this unboxing or this (p)review.

Also you might want to consider to open a paypal account and order the cubes directly from china. The MF3RS2 is $5.55, shipping included and MF3RS is only $3.65 on cubezz.

6. Mellis Ferton

Mellis Ferton Member

Oct 10, 2017
    What is the perfect cube to get with my turning style?

1. Smooth cubes are my specialty.
    2. I don't like fast, uncontrollable cubes.
    3. I like at least 30 degree corner cutting.
    4. Very locky cubes are not my favorites.
    5. Magnets can be a choice, but not necessary.

Thanks ahead of time! (i can't do much, but I'll like your post?)

7. The Torrent

The Torrent Member

Oct 4, 2017
    England
    whats the difference, I can’t find anything about it.

8. h2f

h2f Premium Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Poland
    WCA:
    2014PACE01
    YouTube:
    seniorgrot
    Try harder:

The Torrent likes this.
  9. The Torrent

The Torrent Member

Oct 4, 2017
    England
    Oh no sorry, I made a mistake. I meant MF3RS2 VS MF3RS. that’s what I can’t find the difference for. Apologies. I will change the title.

Anyway, do you know the difference?

10. h2f

h2f Premium Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Poland
    WCA:
    2014PACE01
    YouTube:
    seniorgrot

11. The Torrent

The Torrent Member

Oct 4, 2017
    England
    Thanks for the video.

Anyone here actually have or used the two cubes, because there is only so much you can trust videos as they may be sponsored. The Mf3rs2 seems to be exactly the same as the yulong to me at the moment, so im not sure if its worth upgrading.

12. The Torrent

The Torrent Member

Oct 4, 2017
    England
    Whether it is fast or smooth, i'd say it depends on what lube you use.

I've been recommended the MF3RS2, so i guess i recommend getting that. (I haven't got it myself, so cant really say much).

As for speed and smoothness, the higher weight lube you use, the smoother, but slower it is. I use weight 5 for the core and 3 for the pieces (with a bit of maru once or twice a week). You could use weight 4 for the pieces, or even weight 5. For more help on lube, go to the lube thread: https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/lubrication-thread.21212/page-150

Mellis Ferton likes this.
  13. greentgoatgal

greentgoatgal Member

Feb 6, 2017
    NC
    YouTube:
    www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1NRjE2T
    I would probably say get a gans.

14. Cubister

Cubister Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Germany
    Really? Do you even bother to read the replies directed at you? I posted 2 links for you and you still insist you can't find anything about these cubes.

15. The Torrent

The Torrent Member

Oct 4, 2017
    England
    Oh sorry, i didnt even read your comments.
    Its really hard navigating this on my phone, (ios 11 is quite buggy) so only read the comments that are quoting me. Apologies. I have read your comments now, thanks for your help.

16. The Torrent

The Torrent Member

Oct 4, 2017
    England
    When i post comments, i don't refresh my page when i next check for replies. Sometimes i don't see my own comment there so i just type a new comment as i think it hasn't come up, accidental missing the ones that would have came if i refreshed. Apologies.

Also, that message was moved here from a different thread, started before you answered, so that's another reason.

17. Gamadan

Gamadan Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Hey guys, I'm currently searching for a 3x3 speedcube that's great without any lube at all. Do you guys know any kind of 3x3 speedcubes (modern) that are great without lube?

18. Most of them are reasonably good without lube. The lube just makes them feel even nicer.

19. Abare Killer

Abare Killer Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Yuexiao Pro, it comes it tons of lube and after the break in, it feels amazing.