• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
My friend's mf4s has almost no reverse cornercutting, which can lead to pops. I'd try and get a yuxin blue, as it's not too expensive, and can react well to a good setup.
For a tight budget I would consider de CB G4. After some dozens of solves to break it in it's great for the price. The Kungfu Cangfeng if also great for the price if you prefer 62mm size

Sent from Tapatalk

BirdPuzzles

WCA
2017SELF01
I own a Rubik's cube and I started using it for a few weeks and practicing to solve it without any mess ups (I'm a beginner). I wanted to try ordering the Pyraminx because it looks fun to use. Many people have said it is easier to solve then a regular 3x3 cube, is this true? If so, I wanted to try using it just to play around with!
As already stated, it is easy. If you buy a pyraminx from amazon, however, it will most likely be a QJ or a shengshou, which you can NOT get fast at all with. For the future's sake, I would recommend a cheap, but pretty good pyraminx. I'll give you a link to it on the cubicle's store. Its the QiYi pyraminx, and its sooo fast and smooth I love solving it. Enjoy!

https://thecubicle.us/qiyi-qiming-pyraminx-p-7876.html

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry if you have already got one but I would definitely recommend getting it from zcube.hk just because cubes go down significantly the more you buy mf3rs is £4.08 for 1 but £5.60 for 4 excluding shipping

To avoid double posting- what's the best skewb
What would be the best 2x2 to give away? I want to buy several to give away to people who want to try to learn. Would this cube be good? https://thecubicle.us/guanpo-p-5715.html I need something on the cheaper side.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Recommendations for bigger 4x4 and 5x5 cubes? Like in the 68-75mm size range? I'm not a fast solver so it doesn't have to be GREAT but it does need to be pretty good. I've got a Qiyi Big Sail 3x3 that I like, if that helps.

sarvagya

WCA
2017SHAR16
Alright guys,
I am in a bit of hurry right now.
I want to know that right now what is the best budget 4x4 5x5 and 2x2.
Also, if there are some which are good could you please recommend them?

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
Alright guys,
I am in a bit of hurry right now.
I want to know that right now what is the best budget 4x4 5x5 and 2x2.
Also, if there are some which are good could you please recommend them?
The Kung Fu YueHun 2x2 is the most popular budget 2x2 right now. I haven't tried one but most agree it is quite good.

For cheaper 4x4's the Kung Fu CangFeng is supposed to be good (and it's currently on sale at the Cubicle). The YJ GuanSu is also pretty good.

The MoFang JaoShi MF5 is supposed to be a decent 5x5 and is really cheap.

Sn0W1337

Hi!
I want ti get in to 5x5 and Done know whish one I'm goding to pick.
I don't know if I should go for the mf5s or go for the yuxin?
I'm going to order from Corner-twist.com. I don't want to go more expensive then yuxin.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi guys!
Does anybody own a gans 357, and is it still good for cubing?

Thanks in advance

I have one, and it's definitely a good cube, but it's far behind most modern speedcubes. I'd recommend looking into the Valk3, the WeiLong GTS, and the Gan356 Air (and their magnetic versions). If you want something cheaper, the QiYi Thunderclap is still pretty good.

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like the feel of the Aolong GT, but I have started to have issues with the catching constantly messing up my turns. I have a pretty rough turning style. The speed is perfect, but the catching is obviously not. I like the stability and smoothness, is there any cube with a similar feel (not named GAN) out there? If not, is there a mod to fix the catching?

Vilknir

I want to try 2x2. My parents won't let me order anything online. This limits me to the vcube 2x2 or the rubik's 2x2. Which one do you guys think is better?

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Hi!
I want ti get in to 5x5 and Done know whish one I'm goding to pick.
I don't know if I should go for the mf5s or go for the yuxin?
I'm going to order from Corner-twist.com. I don't want to go more expensive then yuxin.

I haven't tried the mf5s, but I've tried several others including shengshou, Aochuang, Huachuang, Weichuang and Yuxin. The Weichuang is my main, but honestly there's not a lot of difference between a broken-in Weichuang and a Yuxin. The Yuxin is cheaper than other top-end 5x5s, but don't let that fool you into thinking it's just a budget cube.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
5*5s come in two sizes usually, 62 and 64mm and I can't think of anything bigger, if you want something really big you could get the heshu big 3*3*3 that is 180mm
Any recommendations for a big(ger) 5x5? I've got the 68mm Qiyi Big Sail 3x3 and, while it's not my main, I like it a lot. Anything similar for a 5x5?