• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DhruvA

WCA
2015AROR05
I currently own 4 3x3's: Rubik's brand, Fangshi Shaung-ren V2, GuoGuan YueXiao and Moyu Aolong V2. One of my Aolong's edges is gone because I was messing around with it fell through the bleachers at my school. So basically I have 3 3x3's. I want to know what kind of cube I should get next other than a 3x3. I thinking of a 2x2 but which of the below would you recommend me getting next:

3x3 (Another one)
2x2
4x4
5x5
6x6
7x7
Megaminx
Pyraminx
Square-1
Skewb

3x3 valk
2x2 weipo
4x4 full size- wuque mini-Yuxin blue
5x5 wushuang
6x6 weishi or wuhua
7x7 Yuxin or qiyi
Mega- x man sculpted
Pyra- more click- X man less- moyu magnetic
Square 1- cubicle squan or qiyi (if its stripped watch Brandon Lin's tutorial on modding it)
Skewb- moyu magnetic or qiyi

Reactions: Dom

messiahyo_

Dude. You posted this and bumped it twice already? You're not supposed to even bump threads here. Be sure to read the rules, bro. And please be patient.

@newtonbase is asking you what you like about a 3x3 and then we can recommend one based off your style. But if you are in a hurry, (as it seems like you may be), then just go ahead and read the recent posts in this thread. You'll see the latest and greatest recommendations for cubes.

My short suggestions: Valk, Wuque, XMD Galaxy sculped, and let's see wait for the XMD VOLT to be released be before we get a squan.
Hope this helps.

Edit: hold on a sec, here's a thread of you giving cube recommendations at the same time you last bumped this thread!
If you're offering recommendations, then why are you ASKING for recommendations? Just curious....
Do you really not understand?

CFOP beginner

Just look at the responses for the last five times you asked nearly that exact same question.

Sorry man actually my bro sometimes post question which were asked by me in the past.so if you friends find any repetition,just ignore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fear

Moyu Weilong Square-1 or the Qiyi Square-1?

The Qiyi is fast but pops. The Moyu weilong is slower, and has slightly worse corner cutting, but it's still a good cube. The Moyu can be sped up with lube which leads me to conclude that the Welong is probably better just because popping isn't an issue.

They are both great though and most super fast peope rely on qiyi because it cuts more and is faster in general. My opinion is the unpopular one.

Xxcookid123xX

Good pyraminx for 4$ or less?
I found this on lighttake; http://www.lightake.com/p/Fangge-Pyraminx-Magic-Cube-Speed-Puzzle_MU2155882.html
And it looks to be pretty good. Add shipping and it's only one more cent more than my Mofang Jiaoshi 3x3 MF3RS (I got it free shipping, cubezz).
So, is this good or is there something better out there? I may try speedsolving the pyraminx but my main reason for getting it is for starting my own collection and amusing myself with solving it.I'm only 13 so I have limited money, and i've only owned a 3x3, never any other type of puzzle.

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
So, is this good or is there something better out there? I may try speedsolving the pyraminx but my main reason for getting it is for starting my own collection and amusing myself with solving it.I'm only 13 so I have limited money, and i've only owned a 3x3, never any other type of puzzle.
Is there any way you could save up a few more bucks? You can get a nice stickerless QiYi pyraminx for only $7. By the way, I don't speedsolve pyraminx either, but it is a really fun solve to do casually.

Xxcookid123xX

Is there any way you could save up a few more bucks? You can get a nice stickerless QiYi pyraminx for only $7. By the way, I don't speedsolve pyraminx either, but it is a really fun solve to do casually.
I currently have 9 dollars at home and 10 in the bank. I don't really want to spend that much money though, and I don't like stickerless puzzles anyway.

James Snowden

Which cube would you say feels most like a tanglong (in terms of weight, feel etc.) but comes in stickerless? The mars seemed to be good but they discontinued the stickerless, what would you recommend? Thanks

rumarfer28

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a my first Skewb. How fun is it to solve? And what cube would you recommend is the best?

I'm looking to spend about $10.

Thanks.
It's a fun puzzle, much different from a rubiks cube.
Everyone seems to like the magnetic moyu skewb, but I have the feeling that it's too fast and uncontrolable for actual solving. I have the original moyu and the qiyi (not the new cheap one), and the qiyi is much nicer in my opinion. The moyu magnetic one is probably better for speedsolving if you are very fast, but for normal people the qiyi one is probably the best.