• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Any cube you order online from a non-us store is likely Chinese, and they are on holidays .. a lot of them anyway. So anything you order now is not going to get to you before the 26th.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Clarkeeyyy

WCA
2013CLAR04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone have any verdicts on the MF8 Megaminx V3 and the V Cube 4 yet? My Dayan Minx sucks (black, stickered) and I am considering the stickerless with ridges, would that be worth the extra $20 or should I stick with my Black one?

Zelda

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nope, no verdicts. I suggest the black one though, what do you guys think of the Type C 2x2 (WitTwo) Stickerless? Or should I go for the LanLan or ghosthand?

Last edited:

Isaac Paurus

Nope, no verdicts. I suggest the black one though, what do you guys think of the Type C 2x2 (WitTwo) Stickerless? Or should I go for the LanLan or ghosthand?

DEFINITELY the wittwo, and i would get a black one if you are going to do comps with it, and stickerless just for a fun around the house etc cube.

TomCuber

V-Cube 5

I'm about to buy the V-Cube 5, and I wanted to hear what you had to say about it. I know it's a bit pricey, but I think it will be worth it. I know that the main flaw will be the bumps on the corner pieces, and I know that there are a few mod's that you can do to get rid of that. But I mainly wanted to hear what your thoughts and reviews on it. I would also want to hear what your best way of lubing a 5x5. I own a ShengShou 5x5, and I watched a YouTube video on it, and when I did it, the whole cube was REALLY gummy. And the pieces won't quit popping out!:mad:

anyway, tell me what you think.

Rubiksfreak

Okay so i have a problem, my first 4x4 was a shengshou and everyone says they love it. I'm the total opposite with it, i dont like the fact that you cant turn the faces with great speed without it popping and the fact that it has a billion pieces in it makes it even worse. I decided to get a lanlan 4x4 stupidly without watching any reviews on it, after recieving it i had noticed that corner cutting is horrible making speed solving impossible. I decided to get the mf8+dayan, looking at the price I though it had to be a good cube. I was so wrong, the inner layers turn great, the outter layers not so great. So i guess my question is which 4x4 should I get. I know alot of even cubes(4x4, 6x6, 8x8) tend to be a little crappier than the odd puzzes(3x3, 5x5, 7x7), but there has to be a decent 4x4 cube out there somewhere??

WCA
2012CHIE01
Okay so i have a problem, my first 4x4 was a shengshou and everyone says they love it. I'm the total opposite with it, i dont like the fact that you cant turn the faces with great speed without it popping and the fact that it has a billion pieces in it makes it even worse. I decided to get a lanlan 4x4 stupidly without watching any reviews on it, after recieving it i had noticed that corner cutting is horrible making speed solving impossible. I decided to get the mf8+dayan, looking at the price I though it had to be a good cube. I was so wrong, the inner layers turn great, the outter layers not so great. So i guess my question is which 4x4 should I get. I know alot of even cubes(4x4, 6x6, 8x8) tend to be a little crappier than the odd puzzes(3x3, 5x5, 7x7), but there has to be a decent 4x4 cube out there somewhere??

First of all, don't be rough on your cubes. All cubes will pop if turned too rough.
Next, I say try making the cubes you have better. For example, for the shengshou 4x4, the Konsta and florian mods are supposed to help. Lubing and tensioning also makes cubes a lot better. Personally, I have no problems with my unmodded shengshou v4, but I'm quite slooow :p.

I am pretty sure it will come out in other stores as well. Only logical that they will start with their own.

Good chance that I am going to buy it from a different store than that one, shipping is almost 10 euros to me.

HMS

SS 4x4, 5x5, mf8 Square-1, or preorder the Panshi?

I have a Zhanchi right now, and a pretty crappy 4x4. I can solve 4x4 and 5x5. If there are any other really big recommendations for cubes to buy, i'd take them too, but from those 4?

WCA
2012TOWE01
if you're looking to compete in other events, then get the square 1, however SS4x4 is a massive jump up from a bad 4x4 and will improve your times, 5x5 is my favourite shengshou cube, way better than any other I've touched especially after modding.

If you wanna join in on the tension about how good the panshi will be, then pre-order panshi :p

Or just get them all

HMS

if you're looking to compete in other events, then get the square 1, however SS4x4 is a massive jump up from a bad 4x4 and will improve your times, 5x5 is my favourite shengshou cube, way better than any other I've touched especially after modding.

If you wanna join in on the tension about how good the panshi will be, then pre-order panshi :p

Or just get them all

I can't :(

I don't think i'm gonna go for the 4x4, though I WILL get a good one eventually. Maybe that'll be my next cube, see if VCube4 prices go down at all, and how reviews go.

That leaves me with SS 5x5, mf8 SQ-1, Panshi. Hmmm....

Isaac Paurus

I can't :(

I don't think i'm gonna go for the 4x4, though I WILL get a good one eventually. Maybe that'll be my next cube, see if VCube4 prices go down at all, and how reviews go.

That leaves me with SS 5x5, mf8 SQ-1, Panshi. Hmmm....

I'd go for the square 1 or the panshi.