web based simple timer

Discussion in 'Software Area' started by blazeeboy, Feb 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. blazeeboy

blazeeboy Member

Feb 10, 2012
  2. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Premium Member

Dec 31, 2011
    England
    YouTube:
    ThomasJECubing
    Maybe have a visualiation of the scrambles, and have the timer start when you let go of the spacebar, instead of it starting when you initally when you press the space bar.

3. LouisCormier

LouisCormier Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Rockland, Ontario
    WCA:
    2010CORM02
    YouTube:
    louiscormier12
    I tried two scramble and got ''F2 B2 F2'' and ''R L` R`''. Perhaps this should be fixed.
    edit: Otherwise I like it a lot! :)

4. whauk

whauk Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Germany
    WCA:
    2008KARL02
    YouTube:
    whauk
    and please use '

5. benskoning

benskoning Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Wisconsin
    WCA:
    2011SKON01
    YouTube:
    benskoning
    it works great just add more scrambles for different cubes.

6. DaKrazedKyubizt

DaKrazedKyubizt Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Planet Earth.
    YouTube:
    DaKrazedKyubizt
    last digit is always either 1 or 9 or 0 for me... that might be seen as a problem.

7. pdilla

pdilla Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Moili'ili, Hawaii
    Sometimes the last digit freaks out and changes. I got 9, 2, and 4. And I agree with Louis, the redundant moves and cancellations are a strange sight. But all in all, I really enjoy the look of this timer. It's simple yet modern.

8. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

It looks nice and simple; whatever you add, keep it that way. :)

As for the scrambles, I would highly recommend decoupling them and using some good ones. ;)

9. Carson

Carson Premium Member

I love that its very simple. Three things:
    1) As was mentioned above, the timer should start on release of a key instead of when it is pressed.
    2) It would look somewhat nicer if the time was always displayed in the format xx:xx.xxx, i.e, keep the placeholders.
    3) As mentioned above, your scrambles produce moves such as L R L. There is more than one way to fix this, but one of the simplest approaches is to break the cube into three axes. (plural for axis... not the weapons) L and R will be one axis, as are U, D and F, B. If you ensure that no letters (RLUDFB) are repeated, and also that there are no more than two consecutive moves of an axis, you will eliminate the double turns.