1. Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!
    Dismiss Notice

[Vote and discuss] Who will beat Maskow's 41/41 first?

Discussion in 'Blindsolving Discussion' started by Gregory Alekseev, May 14, 2017.

1. Mark Boyanowski

36.3%
  2. Shivam Bansal

35.2%
  3. Yucheng Chen

3.3%
  4. Tom Nelson

3.3%
  5. Kaijun Lin

5.5%
  6. Other

11.0%
  7. Kamil Przybylski

5.5%
  1. It is going to happen soon. Maskow's WR can be beaten. Maybe before Worlds 2017(Marcin is going there). There are some people who are close to that. The answer is: who will win that race? It is hard to guess that for me, so I need to know what do you think.

People who I think are capable to beat that at the moment(except Marcin):
    1. Mark Boyanowski - NAR holder, his PB is 41/42 56:25.
    2. Shivam Bansal - AsR holder and WR2(will be, his new result 38/40 is not uploaded to the WCA at the moment), his PB is 41/43.
    3. Yucheng Chen - WR3, Former AsR holder.
    4. Tom Nelson - He does 42 cube attempts at home, his best is 40/42 in 1:03:03.
    Also I added Kaijun to the vote because he is in top-5 and he holds most BLD WRs.

If you vote for someone, please explain why.

CubeStack_Official likes this.
  2. sqAree

sqAree Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Berlin
    WCA:
    2015JAEH01
    YouTube:
    sqAree
    I know all those cubers are capable of beating the 41/41 but it's only a few weeks until Worlds and Maskow confirmed he's going for a new WR at Worlds.. So my guess is that no one will beat Maskow until then and after Worlds it's hopeless once again. :)

3. Probably going for 50 or something nuts :p

4. Ok, then make a guess who will get a result that is better than 41/41 54:14, not the WR.

5. sqAree

sqAree Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Berlin
    WCA:
    2015JAEH01
    YouTube:
    sqAree
    I voted Shivam; he seems way more consistent than Mark or Tom for example and I don't know much about Yucheng (whereas Kaijun is probably not even trying for now).

6. Kaijun isn't as into mbld as he is 3 4 and 5 although he is good at jt

7. IamSpeedcubing

IamSpeedcubing Member

Mar 8, 2016
    I think Marcin will XD Multiple comps in Poland coming up with Multi, so I think Marcin will show up at at leats one. WLS Maj was just yesterday, and he attended.

8. shadowslice e

shadowslice e Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Hampshire, England
    YouTube:
    Shadowslice
    Why isn't Maskow on the poll? :p

Also, I think there should definitely be an "other" category just because I want to see if anyone would vote for that.

Daniel Lin and Fábio De'Rose like this.
  9. I wrote "except Maskow", so obviously I mean who will be the first to get better result than 41/41 in 54:14, except Maskow. People should be more attentive.
    Also I added "other" category.

10. tx789

tx789 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    New Zealand
    WCA:
    2010HUNT02
    YouTube:
    thetx789
    Tom doesn't do very well at multi I comp. it would of be interesting to see how he does with 3 attempts at worlds.

11. He has some time to practice before the Worlds. Yes, that's interesting.

12. DGCubes

DGCubes Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Over there
    WCA:
    2013GOOD01
    YouTube:
    DGCubes
    I'd bet actual money on Shivam. Seeing him improve so much and so consistently over the years (not only the amount of cubes but also his accuracy) has been really impressive, and I'd be very surprised if he doesn't keep improving.

Fábio De'Rose likes this.
  13. FastCubeMaster

FastCubeMaster Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    WCA:
    2015PEAR02
    YouTube:
    FastCubeMaster
    It's really exciting to see Mark and Shivam get so close to the WR but I really wanna see Maskow take it further. After losing his 3BLD WRs I'm feeling a bit sorry for him.

14. Fábio De'Rose

Fábio De'Rose Member

Mar 31, 2017
    São Paulo, Brazil
    WCA:
    2016DERO04
    YouTube:
    Bigodon
    While Shivam and Mark have the potential to break the 41 points barrier and certainly will podium at Worlds, Maskow is just too far ahead on the game.

His skill set as a competitive mnemomist gives him an unprecedented lead in comparison to other BLDers. While their execution speed and efficiency counter-compensate for time, Marcin's memory chops are his safety net when it comes to executing a massive amount of cubes.

And he's been practicing. It's safe to assume the elusive 41 might even be surpassed by someone else before or during Worlds, but I'm sure it won't last long.

15. OLLiver

OLLiver Member

May 9, 2015
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    WCA:
    2015JENK02
    YouTube:
    OLLiver
    add option :not me

16. newtonbase

newtonbase Premium Member

Jan 4, 2014
    MK, UK
    WCA:
    2015ADAM03
    YouTube:
    newtonbase
    Hard to say. I'd really like it to be Shivam and I know he's fast enough so there's my vote but I really think it's down to who has a good day at the WC.

17. My boy! My 42/42 Mark Boyanowski!

Chree and FastCubeMaster like this.
  18. asacuber

asacuber Member

Nov 4, 2015
    India
    WCA:
    2015SANT44
    YouTube:
    channel/UC5znrjIR5WXZMlAubzUAG-w
    shivam. his ASR was so awesome.

19. Spuff

Spuff Member

May 25, 2017
    If you do blindfolded could you please explain to me how to permute them correcly whil orienting them and how to setup the edges ? I really want to learn blind but I am stuck there.

20. Fábio De'Rose

Fábio De'Rose Member

Mar 31, 2017
    São Paulo, Brazil
    WCA:
    2016DERO04
    YouTube:
    Bigodon
    Blindsighted and h2f like this.