• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Video] ShengShou 5x5 Mod Tutorial - The WorldRecord Mod by Florian

Florian

WCA
2010KREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel

ShengShou 5x5 Modding Tutorial
That's the mod I've done on the Cube, which is the current WorldRecord cube.
I'm not responsible for damage on your cubes.

Last edited by a moderator:

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
onice... my V-cube 5 is going bad so maybe I can mod one of mine THAT I CAN'T SELL ANYMORE.

Also, please don't ask me to do this mod. I don't have the time.

Thank you for posting this.

Florian

WCA
2010KREY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
onice... my V-cube 5 is going bad so maybe I can mod one of mine THAT I CAN'T SELL ANYMORE.

Also, please don't ask me to do this mod. I don't have the time.

Thank you for posting this.

I think the V-Cube would come very loose, so i think you would have to do the adjustable core mod, too.

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't actually need a mod on my Sheng Shou. It just is so smooth. Way better than my V-Cube 5. The only way to make the cube faster is using regularly. That's my opinion.

To me the SS5 seems a bit locky. I think the mod would promote better corner cutting... it is pretty smooth though. I might try the mod someday.

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm assuming you can adapt this to work with the SS 4x4 as well?

Probably, but I haven't seen the tutorial yet. I looked at a picture of his 5x5 and did a toned down version on my SSv3 a couple months ago. It helps it quite a bit, and after I do my SS5x5, I'll probably go back and do it again more this time.