[Unofficial] [video] Micro's 2x2 Average of 12 - 12.55

Discussion in 'Puzzle Solving Videos' started by micronexer, Apr 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. micronexer

micronexer Member

Apr 9, 2012
    London, UK

I used scrambles from one of the competition threads, pretty good scrambles with a fair bit of luck :)

Thought it would just give a general idea of my sort of cubing. I can do OLL and PLL in one step each on 2x2, but almost anyone can. I'm color-neutral but prefer white.

So how can I improve?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
  2. BlueDevil

BlueDevil Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Lexington, MA
    First of all, a cube is typically scrambled white on top, green in front.

Your first layer looked fairly inefficient, you should work towards finding faster ways to do things and be able to do it without looking, so that as you perform the first layer in your solve, you can immediately look for your OLL.

Also, try to minimize cube rotations. So like, on OLL, always do U turns instead of rotating the whole cube.

Finger tricks. Having to readjust your grip to do a full hand turn takes a fair amount of time. Learn to use all of your fingers in turning to make algorithms move faster and more smoothly.

Lastly, just PRACTICE.