TuRBo corners - UBL buffer

Discussion in 'Blindsolving Discussion' started by AbstractAlg, Mar 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. AbstractAlg

AbstractAlg Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    WCA:
    2012OKAN02
    YouTube:
    AbstractAlgorithm
    This is the list of algorithms for TuRBo corners with UBL as buffer, and UFR and URB as targets.
    Has algorithms, cycles and images.

http://serbiaopen.comuf.com/cube.html

Here also pictures of site, if maybe can't open site or don't want to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you find something wrong please tell me so I can fix it.

Fixed algorithms in clockwise table, some of them were swapped. :p
    Now tested all the algs, should be okay.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
  2. drewsopchak

drewsopchak Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Central Upstate New York
    WCA:
    2010SOPC01
    YouTube:
    sebucwerd
    Why not just use comms? Always found TuRBo corners odd.

3. AbstractAlg

AbstractAlg Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    WCA:
    2012OKAN02
    YouTube:
    AbstractAlgorithm
    I personally, just can't get used to comms. I fully understand them, I know every type of comm, understand cancellations, I how to reckognize certain type, but there is no way for me to execute commutator based cycles fast enough as I would, for example - OP. It probably takes serious amount of practice, and the time is something I don't have right now, I would probably switch to comms on summer school break. So till then I try to reduce as much as thinking and reckognition as possible to only brain-dead execution.

4. drewsopchak

drewsopchak Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Central Upstate New York
    WCA:
    2010SOPC01
    YouTube:
    sebucwerd
    That's true.... I'm in the process of switching from op to comms for corners and the thinking is serious right now. In a couple months, all be fluent.

5. AbstractAlg

AbstractAlg Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    WCA:
    2012OKAN02
    YouTube:
    AbstractAlgorithm
    There's the problem. :)
    Ain't just comms, but also algorithms, for Orthogonal cases, and so, and I just don't have enough time to learn, AND practice. I might learn, but without practice its extremely short-term memo and insecure execution. Waiting school break. :/

6. drewsopchak

drewsopchak Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Central Upstate New York
    WCA:
    2010SOPC01
    YouTube:
    sebucwerd
    Orthagonals can be done with comms. Do sighted solves and don't constrict yourself to bh comms.

7. Riley

Riley Member

May 14, 2011
    California
    WCA:
    2007WOOR01
    YouTube:
    mylifeisriley
  8. AbstractAlg

AbstractAlg Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    WCA:
    2012OKAN02
    YouTube:
    AbstractAlgorithm
    You're welcome. :)

I will consider doing video tutorial, but I am in process of developing some freestyle method, few case-types and fast, commutator based, with low move count, easy to execute and recognize.
    TuRBo corners aren't that useful to be learned just as set of algorithms, recognition is main problem, kinda tricky, at least in my case.
    If I decide to make a video, it will be about TuRBo edges and freestyle corner method of mine. :)

9. PandaCuber

PandaCuber Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Uruguay
    YouTube:
    brusinque
    Example solve please:)

10. AbstractAlg

AbstractAlg Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    WCA:
    2012OKAN02
    YouTube:
    AbstractAlgorithm
    I will try to make some, but I do not use TuRBo corners. Things changed and now I use commutators.
    Wait a few days (4 max) and I will make one example at least.

11. aaronb

aaronb Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Maine, USA
    These algorithms could also be used with a UBR buffer, correct? The diagrams will just be off. Am I correct?

12. A Leman

A Leman Member

Jan 22, 2012
    New Jersey
    Correct; I am actually suprised he did not put his buffer in the middle and shoot at the UFL piece

As for TuRBo algs I use these for the UBR Buffer
    UBR-ULB-URF) x' R2 U2 RDR' U2 RDR x
    UBR-ULB-FUR) [R, BLB']
    UBR-ULB-RFU) y RU2R D R'U2R D' R2 y

UBR-BUL-URF) R2 D' RU2R' D RU2R
    UBR-BUL-FUR) L'B2L' F2 LB2L' F2 L2 executed as r'U2L' D2 LU2L' D2 L2 x
    UBR-BUL-RFU) F' LU2L' F L F'U2F L'

UBR-LBU-URF) [R'F'R, B']
    UBR-LBU-FUR) [R, U'L'U]
    UBR-LBU-RFU) F2 L2 F'R2F L2 F'R2F' executed as x U2 L2 U'R2U L2 U'R2U'

AND THE INVERSES
    also by solving them in this order you can do time attacks.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  13. aaronb

aaronb Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Maine, USA
    Thanks for your response here, and in the BLD OAQT. Really helpful :)

14. DennisStrehlau

DennisStrehlau Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Germany
    Hey. I know that using a new method always means, that you have to get used to the new method, practise and so on.
    But i really have to think a lot, when using TuRBo for corners. I learned the algorithms 1 day ago, so i am stil new to it of course. I just wanted to ask for any tips maybe. You have any idea how to set up the corners without thinking TOOOO much about the orientation.

Thanks,

Greeting, Dennis

15. A Leman

A Leman Member

Jan 22, 2012
    New Jersey
    A thing that helped me was memorizing the shapes of the 3 viewpoint shifts of the 9 algs. This made setups easier. Then it is a matter of practice and using pure comms when they show up.

EX: UBR-RDB-BDL has three targets as a triangle but from the UBR perspective it does not look like a Turbo alg(since the middle target is not faced upwards.). After you can recognize the viewpoint shifts you can see it as x' [R'F'R, B'] x

tricks like that can help. most of it is practice and replacing stuff with comms. one of the best things about turbo is how its movecount is normally optimal(but not the best) on the long BH cases.

16. AbstractAlg

AbstractAlg Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    WCA:
    2012OKAN02
    YouTube:
    AbstractAlgorithm
    Tip: don't use TuRBo.

Sad, but true. Doing setup and then thinking even extra more to see in what orientation is now is just too much thinking overall. Do commutators, learn bh, add some commutators to 3op, that's what I would suggest. I tried TuRBo when I just couldn't stand the idea of practicing/learning all the commutators, but soon gave up on turbo because it hurts my brain.

I wouldn't suggest doing TuRBo for corners.

Cheers!

17. AustinReed

AustinReed Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Tucson, Arizona
    WCA:
    2011REED01
    YouTube:
    CubeKick
    Thanks for the guide that you just deemed absolutely pointless.

18. DennisStrehlau

DennisStrehlau Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Germany
    Thanks for the answers. Well at least i want to try TuRBo, since i just learned the algorithms now.
    I would like to learn BH, but its just TOOO big i think..

@A Leman:
    How fast are you with TuRBo?

Greetings, Dennis

19. A Leman

A Leman Member

Jan 22, 2012
    New Jersey
    I use BH and don't think it's TOOO big. After you understand interchangability and constructing comms, they all seem like the same cases which is why people say to just do BH. Either way, Turbo helped my transition from 3OP to BH so it has been helpfull.

When I used almost pure turbo, I averaged around 16-17sec for corners, but this took alot of serious work to get comfortable with.

20. DennisStrehlau

DennisStrehlau Member

Feb 6, 2008
    Germany
    Ok, i avg about 15-20 seconds with Old Pochmann.
    Mmhh..Maybe its not worth it, to put "a lot of serious work" in it...
    If i would start learning BH, i would know 18 cases already, so it wasnt for nothing anyway, right?

Dennis