The TRUTH about Jig-A-Loo

Discussion in 'Hardware Area' started by nutsbuttkicker, Jul 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Are you kidding me? I have yet to see severe damage done to a cube through Jigaloo yet.

2. HowSuneIsNow

HowSuneIsNow Member

Sep 26, 2009
    NYC
    WCA:
    2009DAVI03
    how much do you use?

3. yboy403

yboy403 Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    YouTube:
    Ydude403
    Neither have I. I've used it on my store-bought twice. One time, I actually sprayed each piece and let them dry on a newspaper, and it worked amazing. I did notice some tiny warps on the interlocking part of three edge pieces though. Best lube I've ever used.

4. stinkocheeze

stinkocheeze Member

Jan 31, 2010
    THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SPRAY IT AND LEAVE IT.. SO THE LESSON LEARNED HERE IS: WORK IT IN.....
    IF YOU WORK IT IN, IT WILL DO IT'S MAGIC

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
  5. aznmortalx

aznmortalx Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    I NOE RITE!!! JIGALOO IS MAGICALL AND WILL LET UR CUB BE FAST AND AWSUM NOT ONLE IN TEH CUB, BUT ALSO IN LIIFE. MY INGLISH TEACHER NOW LUVZ ME ANED MY RITING!

6. antoinejobin

antoinejobin Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Just spray all the piece on a newspaper or something, but spray it disassembled, seriously. I tried a bit on my megaminx, it melted it. A month later, because my megaminx sucked too much, I tried again, but all disassembled and I let the Jigaloo dry before putting it back together and now it works like a dream!!

7. yboy403

yboy403 Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    YouTube:
    Ydude403
    Yeah, I did disassembled also.

8. Daniel Wu

Daniel Wu Premium Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    WCA:
    2010WUDA01
    YouTube:
    danieltwu
    I <3 THIS VIDEO

9. CubesOfTheWorld

CubesOfTheWorld Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Michigan, USA
    WCA:
    2010MINE01
    YouTube:
    CubesOfTheWorld
    LOL! Jigaloo doesnt melt ur plastic! Lesson learned kid, dont put ur cube in the furnace.

10. aznmortalx

aznmortalx Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    Badmephisto disagrees

6:52

11. jackdexter75

jackdexter75 Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    YouTube:
    jackdexter75
    SO WHAT SHOULD I BUY TO LUBE MY CUBE!?!?!? I AM SO CONFUSED!!!! HELLLLPPP. lol

12. Samania

Samania Member

Jan 5, 2010
    jigaloo doesnt melt your cube every single time you put it in. depends on the amount you put in also laying out your cubies and spraying a THIN LAYER over it works very well. you just need to work it in after and i saw that video on the first page with the 4x4 glued together. that same thing happened to my main speed cube after i forgot to work it in.. i easily fixed it by using a knife.

but the real truth about jig a loo is the fact that it has an odor that causes cancer. i think. But it just smells if you strongly inhale it. VENTILATED AREA KIDS.

13. adfoote

adfoote Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I went to the hardware store and got some stuff called KEL pure silicone to lube my cubes. best stuff ive ever used, no work in/let rest period needed. ive never used Jigaloo though. im in NC so canada isnt exactly close for me

14. CuberN00b

CuberN00b Member

Feb 10, 2010
    I spray every silicon spray at my bathroom (there's a big fan for ventilation) or on my table with my over-wear covering my nose (My english skills a little bit bad)

BTW i still can't find JigALoo in stores. I use Penray Silicone Spray.

15. vancuber

vancuber Member

Aug 14, 2010
    LOL

edit, sorry for breaking the rules with the "lol":

does anybody know the effect jigalloo has on alpha v's? I heard that it will melt down the teeth that prevent popping, but I'm wondering if it will make a difference if I tighten the screws and put the jigaloo in, my main problem is that it pops too much, but if I tighten the screws, its too tight. Can I tighten my screws and put jigaloo? will it work well

also, I put jigaloo in my rubiks 3x3 and it glided but usually would overspin. Using this on DIY's should probably work if you tighten the screws, but from lack of experience, I'm not sure yet.

16. waffle=ijm

waffle=ijm Waffo

Jun 9, 2008
    Waffletopia
    WCA:
    2008MANA02
    YouTube:
    cubes4lyfe
    1) Jig-a-loo is available in the states
    2) do you realize how old this thread is

this doesn't really help much and goes against the rules

17. pistelli

pistelli Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    WCA:
    2011PIST01
    YouTube:
    vincentpistelli
    I live in pennsylvania in the US and I'm 15. They didn't card me when I bought the jig-a-loo. Good thing too because I don't think they would accept my student ID:)

18. TK 421

TK 421 Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Griswall, Aurelia.
    YouTube:
    PatrickHandojo
    U guys is lucky, In my country (Indonesia) they don't sell even ONE bottle oh Jig-A-Loo. BUT I can get it from whitelynx_nivla's home :p

19. timeless

timeless Member

Mar 2, 2011
    CANADA
    YouTube:
    pstimeless
    u can buy 3 in 1 silicone at canadian tire. its not the best but its decent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.