• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i'm requesting a speed optimal alg set. it solves the corners of the top layer (both orient and permute) along with the edge orientation of the top layer (ollcp), except the top and bottom layer edge pieces can change permutation and separation freely. it has 331 algs.

ex case (not optimal in the slightest)
scramble: M2 U S U2 S' F R U R' U' F' r' U2 R U R' U r solve: M' U2 M U2 M' U M' L' U' L U' R U' L' U R' U2 L

1) You could generate them yourself
2) Use OLLCP. The advantage you would get from the freedom of disregarding DF and DR and whatnot is so small that it is not worth generating an entire new algorithm set. Additionally, this would have the advantage of not bothering DF and DR at all, so that you could use it for predicting some moves of the next step.

Duncan Bannon

That's a U perm, not an A perm. It's the optimal alg, so it's good to know for FMC (and feet), but for normal solving, the standard RU or MU algs are faster.

Try executing them a bunch of times, and try doing some of the U moves with your left index finger. This should eliminate regrips completely.

Do you actually expect someone to go and generate three hundred algs for a method nobody is going to use?

I thought it was a Ab Perm sorry. Okay, Ill try the left index u moves. I think that will help a lot. Thanks a ton!

Hazel

Premium Member
What's the best alg I could use to flip a U layer edge on the YJ unequal cube that won't change the shape of the first 2 layers? I don't care if it scrambles them up, as long as the shape stays the same (the thinnest side is on D)
so far the best one I can find is: R' U R F R U R2 U' R F'

Last edited:

greentgoatgal

Which pair is it? If it's the FR pair, then I use (U2) R2 U2 R' U' R U' R2, which is just R antisune R'. I sometimes use (U) R U' R' U' R U' R' U R U' R', especially for OH.
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

Another f2l case, fr slot.

Attachments

• photo-9_kindlephoto-112800828.jpg
    photo-9_kindlephoto-112800828.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 5

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

Another f2l case, fr slot.
CE found (U') R2 U2 F R2 F' U2 R2, but here are some alternatives:

y' R' U2 R U R' U2 R or y' R' U2 R U2 R' U R (probably the best options if you don't like that RUF one)
(U) F' L' U' L U F U R U R'
F' U2 L' U L U' F or F' U2 r' F r U' F
(U2) F' U' L' U2 L U2 F or (U2) F' U' r' F2 r U2 F

Rubix Cubix

WCA
2016GLOZ01
Does anyone know an algorithm for 4x4 that will swap the front and back centers without swapping the cross edges as well?
I do colour neutral centres and occasionally when I've completed the hoya cross I realise I've messed up the centers.

xyzzy

Does anyone know an algorithm for 4x4 that will swap the front and back centers without swapping the cross edges as well?
I do colour neutral centres and occasionally when I've completed the hoya cross I realise I've messed up the centers.

Rw2 U2 D2 Rw2.

The Torrent

2 look oll algorithms. What are the easiest you any of you have found?? Every website i go to has different ones, so which ones do you use??

Duncan Bannon

2 look oll algorithms. What are the easiest you any of you have found?? Every website i go to has different ones, so which ones do you use??

The ones you like the most. Please look at Alg.db, Cyotheking and Cube Skills. Make sure to learn GOOD algs that are easy to finger trick. Don’t be like me and have to learn algs again. Whatever you do dont learn algs from a beginners tutorial, or a pamphlet that comes with the cube. Hope it helps.

D4F721E3-36AB-4C38-B17B-CCFC81D3A26E.png
IDK if you know the names for cases but Ill help with what I do.( May not be for you)
Sune- R,U,R’,U,R,U2,R’ (The block is held in the front left)
AntiSune- R,U2,R’,U’,R,U’,R’ (Block in top right)
Double Headlights- y,U2,R’,U’,R,U,R’,U’,R,U’,R’. (Headlights on the Left and right, to the left and right.)
Pi- R, U2, R2, U', R2, U', R2, U2, R ( Headlights on the left)

Now onto the last 3. I took a pic of. The first one I do the top one, the middle one I the 2nd one from the bottom, for the last one I do the bottom one. If you have any questions Ill be more than happy to answer. If you want to know about The edges of last layer ask and Ill answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Torrent

View attachment 8468 IDK if you know the names for cases but Ill help with what I do.( May not be for you)
Sune- R,U,R’,U,R,U2,R’ (The block is held in the front left)
AntiSune- R,U2,R’,U’,R,U’,R’ (Block in top right)
Double Headlights- y,U2,R’,U’,R,U,R’,U’,R,U’,R’. (Headlights on the Left and right, to the left and right.)
Pi- R, U2, R2, U', R2, U', R2, U2, R ( Headlights on the left)

Now onto the last 3. I took a pic of. The first one I do the top one, the middle one I the 2nd one from the bottom, for the last one I do the bottom one. If you have any questions Ill be more than happy to answer. If you want to know about The edges of last layer ask and Ill answer.

Hmm... I need help. With the one with the headlights, R2 D R’ U2 R D’ R’ U2 R, every time I do it, I get two corner pieces the wrong way around. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, I get a corner from the white on the yellow and a corner from the yellow on the right, they swap around. Hmm... I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, can someone have a look at it and check that it works?

Duncan Bannon

Okay, Make sure you know notation. You are probably doing the D move incorrectly. I did this once as well. The D move should be done with the left ring finger. The D’ move should be done with the right ring finger. Note- If holding the Yellow face up and White down and the green face is facing you, the D move should move the green side over to the orange side. (if done from solved cube). Hope it helps. If you again have any questions ask!

Also in the alg you wrote the last R should be a R’. Just FYI

Last edited by a moderator:

The Torrent

Okay, Make sure you know notation. You are probably doing the D move incorrectly. I did this once as well. The D move should be done with the left ring finger. The D’ move should be done with the right ring finger. Note- If holding the Yellow face up and White down and the green face is facing you, the D move should move the green side over to the orange side. (if done from solved cube). Hope it helps. If you again have any questions ask!

Also in the alg you wrote the last R should be a R’. Just FYI

Thanks so much, that’s what I’ve been doing wrong.