• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

SpikeCuber

no, think about it. if you are only doing wide turns, its essentially a 2x2. If u take a solved 2x2, and do a U followed by a D' .... they cancel each other out

ch_ts

If your question is like "Can you do an x rotation without using any of the L, 2L, 2R, or R slices?" I think the answer is no... I think you require either L or R, but you don't need the 2L or 2R slices.
Here is x', doing it in pieces:
[F e' F', D2]
[U: u2 f2 U2 2F2 U2 f2 u2]
[B2: [F e F2 e2 F, U2]]
[2D s 2D', F2] [U2: [2D s 2D', F2]]
[2B' e' 2B,U2] [B2: [2B' e' 2B,U2]]
[2B e' 2B',D2] [B2: [2B e' 2B',D2]]
D U F2 B2 U' D' R D U B2 F2 U' D' // used R
R' // used R again

edit: unless for R' you cheat like F' B U' F B' then fixed the edges...
edit2: in which case, R' can be done like this:
F' B U' F B'
[U: [U' s U, F']]
[B D': [e B' e', F']]
[U D' F2 U: [U F e F2 e2 F, U2]]

Last edited:

SpikeCuber

I don't care if you use slices, but the first reply to my original thread has a Uw Dw' right next to each other. Also known as: u d'. On puzzles with no center, d' basically just reverses u.

STEPONG

I KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THE 3X3X3 CUBE

Sometimes after making the cross I stumble upon this orientation. I saw my friend and he solves the cube with a different method, instead of making a cross, he makes the orientation i usually stumble uponUntitled.png
I'm sure there is a SHORT ALGORITHM to solve this directly...

Gino

On the last stage of the 4x4 (PLL) there is a parity that I get every time (except once) I get either a Ua or a Ub. Instead of the normal two blocks on three corners and one full side on the back there is only one piece on three sides and a full side on the back. Please help.

SolveThatCube

WCA
2014ADCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
On the last stage of the 4x4 (PLL) there is a parity that I get every time (except once) I get either a Ua or a Ub. Instead of the normal two blocks on three corners and one full side on the back there is only one piece on three sides and a full side on the back. Please help.
I'm not really sure what you mean... can you take a picture?
Try: Rw2 F2 U2 Rw2 R2 U2 F2 Rw2

ch_ts

this
edit: or maybe this
i'm not sure about the colors on your photo or your description

Last edited: