• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The End of the Feliks Era?

casi

YouTube
Visit Channel
With a stunning win over the Dream Team in a 2x2-7x7 relay(Chris Olsen(2x2), Mats Valk(3x3), Sebastian Weyer(4x4), Patrick Ponce(5x5), Feliks Zemdegs(6x6), Kevin Hays(7x7)) at US Nationals 2018, Max Park secured his status as the best cuber in the world.

Does this mark the end of the Feliks Era and usher in the Max Era? Post down below.

This is the best video covering the race.

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
for 6x6 either feliks or patrick
for 2x2... maybe maciej or rami

Uhh...Feliks has a 1:23 6x6 mean, Patrick has a 1:40. There's really only 3 people in the top bracket of big cubes right now, as evidenced by results from any comp recently.
And for 2x2, the point is that in the span of ~5 minutes, a couple hundreths of a second doesn't make a difference. Why not Will or Chris et cetera? It can be whoever.

L

lucarubik

im confused doesm't this only prove that he is better than the 7x7 guy? I'd asume he has more room to take a lead on the 6x6 and 7x7 than on all the other five combined.
For sure the guy is great and the video is great too but i don't think one is evidence of the other

Galcor117

Honestly I want to see just Max and Feliks race (same events, 2-7)... or has this already happened?

Last edited:

ARobey

WCA
2014ROBE05
Well, Feliks cant cube forever, and as he gets older and busier, he will have less time to cube. The more time that passes by, the more like someone will overtake him. The same thing will eventually happen to Max, and whoever comes after him. Thats just how things work.

Galcor117

Well, Feliks cant cube forever, and as he gets older and busier, he will have less time to cube. The more time that passes by, the more like someone will overtake him. The same thing will eventually happen to Max, and whoever comes after him. Thats just how things work.
But busy with what?
Maybe Max may have a different path, but i cant imagine feliks doing anything else than cubing

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Be more specific... Do you really know what he actually does besides cubing?

In one of interviews he said hes cubing only during competition. In the same interview he said:
"It's funny that few days after I've broken new WR in single by 9% someone said my era has ended." :)

It was translated into Polish so it's a translation of translation but the sense is the same.