• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Strange Behaviour With Stackmat and CSTimer

WCA
2015JONE10
Thread starter #1
I have a Gen 4 Stackmat Timer and when using it with CSTimer a mixture of things happen. Sometimes the timer works absolutely fine with no faults at all, but a lot of the time, the timer will start and then just won't stop, even though it's stopped on the stackmat. What I find weird is that when cstimer is still counting, if I reset the stackmat, the cstimer clock resets as well. I can't figure out why this is happening.

I'm having different issues, so far when I start it starts, when I stop it stops, but I keep seeing my time change colors on the screen when I'm doing nothing ( scrambling ) whether it's still on my time from the last solve, or on zero.

Occasionally it goes and stores the current time multiple times, I've had up to 4 or 5 repeats in about a second or two.

I had to start resetting immediately to avoid this, especially since I lose the scramble I'm on as well.

If I have it set to have 15s inspection time, I can't make it start when I want unless I hit spacebar, but I will see it start inspection time on it's own, so I've had to turn that off.

WCA
2015JONE10
Thread starter #3
I've fixed my issue by completely disabling all microphone tweaks etc that my drivers do by default, though now I'm experiencing the exact issue that you're also having. I'm also just resetting my timer, as I can't figure out why its happening. It's likely due to a faulty cable.

On one hand it sucks you are having the same issue, on the other I am glad it’s not just me.

We just got a second computer in the house that I will try it on next to see if the problem continues, ruling out the timer itself and cable if it goes away.

I also have a moyu timer, as well as a second cord coming soon to test out.

I hope someone else can chime in.