• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Storebought Replacement Hardware

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

I've recently tried modding ny old Rubik's storebought to make it a little better. I'm planning of:
Sanding down internal parts
Making 'RCC' holes (simular to a Dayan)
Replacing stickers
Replacing core/springs/screws

My question is: What brand of stickers/core/springs/screws would you use to replace the original hardware? And if you have tried these, what were the results?

(I know of threads like this, but they are 3+ years old and new hardware may have come out since then).

xcuber123

YouTube
Visit Channel
i havent replaced the hardware but i did all these mods(apart from the sticker mod), and it turned out godly. Never pops, almost as fast as my zhanchi if not the same,but corner cutting is bad. Also use pestvics tut to loosen it if you dint know where to get repkacement hardware.