Storebought Replacement Hardware

Discussion in 'Hardware Area' started by ThomasJE, Apr 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Premium Member

Dec 31, 2011
    England
    YouTube:
    ThomasJECubing
    Hi,

I've recently tried modding ny old Rubik's storebought to make it a little better. I'm planning of:
    Sanding down internal parts
    Making 'RCC' holes (simular to a Dayan)
    Replacing stickers
    Replacing core/springs/screws

My question is: What brand of stickers/core/springs/screws would you use to replace the original hardware? And if you have tried these, what were the results?

(I know of threads like this, but they are 3+ years old and new hardware may have come out since then).

2. xcuber123

xcuber123 Member

Jan 28, 2012
    london
    YouTube:
    xcuber123
    i havent replaced the hardware but i did all these mods(apart from the sticker mod), and it turned out godly. Never pops, almost as fast as my zhanchi if not the same,but corner cutting is bad. Also use pestvics tut to loosen it if you dint know where to get repkacement hardware.

3. MostEd

MostEd Member

May 21, 2011
    St. Petersburg Russia
    WCA:
    2012BETA01
    YouTube:
    MostED13
    Simply use Dayan

4. Cheese11

Cheese11 Member

I would use either Dayan or C4U screws and springs, choose the one you can get easiest. Last get CubeSmith stickers.