• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 30,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stickerless vs Stickered

Which do you use?

• Stickered

Votes: 70 46.7%
  • Stickerless

Votes: 80 53.3%

• Total voters
YouTube
channel/UC5mwwcwp7D_48f6oMd68uZg
I've been looking at some fast solvers and i seem to find mixed opinions.
I'm planning on buying a wuque, wondering what upsides and downsides there is, going with stickerless puzzles.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this, as i only have a single budget stickerless puzzle, yet i see fast cubers using stickerless on their big cubes.

Obviously there is a slight difference in grip with stickers and the shades are different, but i've been wondering if there is any difference in the performance and/or feel from stickerless to a stickered puzzles?
I have a Wuque stickerless as my main and I love it. The good thing about stickerless puzzles for big cubes is your don't have to sticker them which is a pain. The stickerless Wuque shades are awesome.

I like black plastic and stickered for most of my puzzles though.

WCA
2011MARE02
I know this forum has a weird obsession with minimizing thread counts but sometimes it's nice to see what people are using in May 2017 instead of what they were using in February 2015...

WCA
2016BAIR04
I know this forum has a weird obsession with minimizing thread counts but sometimes it's nice to see what people are using in May 2017 instead of what they were using in February 2015...
I see that when I answered the poll I said I preferred stickered cubes. Now the only stickered cubes I use are 2x2 (because I don't care to upgrade), 4x4 (I'd seriously consider switching, but I've got a really good Blue M in black), and feet (because they don't make a stickerless Big Sail, and I'd really like to have black and pink sides on my foot cube). I prefer stickerless big cubes for recognition, especially for centers.

I think the only trouble with stickerless cubes, is when you get crystal ones :p

Other than that, it's actually comfortable not having to worry about scratching your stickers and the shades are usually nice enough in the eyes, so I use them to practice. Although in the end, I use stickered for actual solving with high contrast shades.

WCA
2019POTO01
I would overall prefer stickered, because I can change the sticker shades on the cube. Meanwhile with stickerless, I would need to spray paint. I am more used to stickered, I can use stickerless but the things is that cubes with black outlines look nicer to me. Stickerless do look nice too, but I do prefer stickered.

I do not know if stickerless affects my recognition, but I think the recognition is the same for both for me.

WCA
2015MANN01
More people seem to prefer stickerless, suprising since stickered has been the norm for so long! But then again only 15 people have voted so far.
I think stickerless cubes just look nicer and cleaner in general and make recognition a bit easier beecause there's no plastic color in the way even in the slightest. Plus you don't ever have to worry about chips in the stickers or getting your nail caught under them!