Stanford Spring 2012

Discussion in 'Official WCA Competitions' started by Ravi, Mar 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.

Are you going to this competition?

Poll closed May 7, 2012.
  1. Yes, because I'm awesome

57.1%
  2. No, either because I can't or because I'm not awesome.

42.9%
  1. Ravi

Ravi Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Kirksville, MO, USA
    WCA:
    2005FERN01
    YouTube:
    ravi12346
    Hi everyone,

Stanford Spring 2012 is planned for May 6. Registration and other information is available at the competition's web page: http://ca.cubingusa.com/stanfordspring2012/

Note that this competition hasn't been approved by the WCA yet. We were going to wait for official status before announcing to the community, but there have been some unforeseen complications getting WCA approval, so in the meantime we decided it's best to at least let everyone know what's going on.

2. Riley

Riley Member

May 14, 2011
    California
    WCA:
    2007WOOR01
    YouTube:
    mylifeisriley
    For some reason, the links aren't working. Same for Cal Day. I tried another computer and it didn't work; you get some type of error page. Is is just me or are other people experiencing these problems?

3. iEnjoyCubing

iEnjoyCubing Member

May 27, 2011
    Indiana
    WCA:
    2011VALL01
    This has been happening for New Albany 2012/KOII. I think all the pages are down at the moment.

4. Ranzha

Ranzha Friendly, Neighbourhoodly Staff Member

I'm getting the same problems on multiple pages. It'll probably get fixed within a day.
    Also, if people want to do Skewb, I've let Ravi know that I'll be more than glad to run it =)

5. Ravi

Ravi Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Kirksville, MO, USA
    WCA:
    2005FERN01
    YouTube:
    ravi12346
    Update: the competition gained official status yesterday. We've had to enlist some new staff (thanks to everyone who volunteered!) due to the anticipated absence of several of our usual helpers, but I'm happy to say that we are still offering all of the originally scheduled events. You can register at http://ca.cubingusa.com/stanfordspring2012/register.php if you haven't done so already.

6. Gallifrey

Gallifrey Member

Cube-a-Palooza 8 (Stanford Spring 2012)

I'm going to the Stanford Spring 2012 competition. anyone else going?
    ps-I am seriously nervous because I ordered a new cube and I want it to get here before the comp so yeah

7. mitch1234

mitch1234 Member

Apr 6, 2011
    WCA:
    2010LANE02
    YouTube:
    drumgod1997
  8. cubingawsumness

cubingawsumness Member

Jan 16, 2012
    California
    WCA:
    2012CHIE01
    I can't go cuz I have some girl scout 100 yr something, which I'm sure will be more boring than going to this... :(

9. Ranzha

Ranzha Friendly, Neighbourhoodly Staff Member

On the competition site, there's a link to registered competitors so you can see who's signed up to go =)

EDIT: Thanks to whoever merged =)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  10. Lucas Garron

Lucas Garron Super-Duper Moderator Staff Member

So, we had a math writer named Dana McKenzie at the competition. He was there to take a few pictures for his book (volume 9 of "What’s Happening in the Mathematical Sciences"), but we managed to get him to participate in non-cuber team BLD. :p

He has a nice blog post about the competition on his site.

11. Noahaha

Noahaha blindmod

Dec 19, 2011
    CT
    WCA:
    2012ARTH01
    YouTube:
    NoahCubes
    That's awesome! Seems like he really had a great time.

12. shelley

shelley chang

Apr 23, 2006
    WCA:
    2004CHAN04